Cedar Sweep like carillon bells, the house of Augustus rings
Raventhorpe
Dróttning*
166 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Quietly, she considered how Jericho might feel in Hljóðrfell. She did not find that their ways were smothering, nor was shame used to goad their newcomers into believing or following their ways. Jericho would have the freedom to learn of their Gods, and to prey to them with some guidance, if she wished. She might learn the many, subtle ways the Gods made themselves present in their lives, and come to revel in it. 

Or, she might not find her faith at all- and perhaps she might go. 

But at least she could come, and go in peace. 

The comment about a murder cult was received with a blank look of surprise. "Oh, if that is the case-" She trailed off, rising slightly from the waters as though to turn and leave. She froze, watching for Jericho's reaction, before she smiled and slid back into the water, chuckling. "No, no- I joke, I joke." She said. "Truth be told, though, our ancestors once lived a much more brutal life where, eh, yes, there would have been a good deal of murdering, conquering, such things as this, yes," She admitted. "But no more; we have...Evolved," She laughed. "Again- I do not burst into flame saying these things- and not because I am...Laying in water, but because it is not our way." She said. She gave another inviting flick of her chin. "You should come back with me." She lured Jericho with a brazen, warm gaze.
"Old Norse" | "Common Tongue"
Messages In This Thread
RE: like carillon bells, the house of Augustus rings - by Solveig - May 22, 2023, 10:49 PM