Blacktail Deer Plateau cubanisto
<strong>here is a strange and bitter crop</strong>
308 Posts
Ooc — Karmencita
Getting back into the Pura swing of things. I literally have no idea what I'm doing, so prepare for character inconsistencies for a while.

Settling back into pack life was sometimes impossible, sometimes a breeze. With a healthy dose of solitude to compare it against, Pura could say with certainty that he liked to belong. In theory, anyway. The reality of twenty other voices and bodies and catalogues of scents was a little overwhelming, and he found himself sticking to the edge of the plateau.

The stark, wintry sunshine made Pura appear almost blue. He had taken to resting with his paws over the plateau's ragged edge, mentally preparing himself for another reintegration effort. Blue, maybe. She was always so kind.
Do not mistake my kindness for weakness, I am stronger than you know.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue did not travel far from her own den, with the fact that she had both FInley and Junior to care for. And that Junior was out of her mind with fever most of the time, she didn't have much time to socialize or even move about. However, she had heard that Pura was back in the center of home. He had been largely feral lately, and though there was nothing wrong with that, she wondered if he could probably integrate back into pack life. She hoped so, she always had a soft spot for the child awkward questions and all.

She moved about the tree's anxious at being away, but needing to stretch her legs and do some hunting and look for some more plants if she could possibly find them at all.
Hello Everyone. It's been forever.
308 Posts
Ooc — Karmencita
Blue Willow announced herself with a soft rustle. Whether it was intentional or not, Pura appreciated her tactics.

The young wolf turned his head to watch her prowl among the undergrowth, staring with pale, unblinking eyes. She seemed anxious. When Pura was anxious, he retreated - Blue Willow seemed to take the exact opposite approach, emerging from her hole in the ground for the first time since Pura's return.

"Are you sick?" Pura called to her, getting slowly to his feet.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
As if summoned from the recesses of her mind, blue lifted her gaze at the soft spoken words met her ears. She smiled at the youthful boy, who had begun to grow into a handsome young man. Hello Pura! She smiled, extremely excited to see him near her own den. She had always liked the boy, one could even say loving him as her own nephew.

She shifted her weight and shook her head no. No I'm not sick just hungry and I needed some air, away from Finley and Junior. Taking care of them is a bit tiring, especially since I can't do much but watch in Junior's case. What are you doing?
308 Posts
Ooc — Karmencita
"Hello Pura!"

It was as though he had never left. Pura's silvery tail swished gently behind him as he approached, stretching a long, sinewy neck to sniff at Blue. She smelled.. clinical. A sharp, herby scent. Not entirely unpleasant, but Pura much preferred the smell of wet earth and warm fur. These were the smells of the every day.

"Adjusting," Pura answered carefully, frowning gently as he turned the medic's words words over in his mind. "Why are you looking after Finely and Junior?" Were they sick?
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue always smelled like herbs, and moist dirt, but lately that smell was paramount. Simply put she very seldom saw the light of day anymore, working tirelessly to make sure those under her care were safe and well taken care of. She would not lose either one, not to fever and not to death. Junior was the worst of the two and blue was wrought with worry for her.

Blue answered him softly Finley was mauled by a bear and Junior I'm not really certain, but I am believe she hurt herself to alleviate some pain she was feeling emotionally. Blue wasn't sure how to answer him without being clinical. She did her best to answer him as best she could, without confusing him. He was not stupid, merely a little slower at voicing his thoughts.
308 Posts
Ooc — Karmencita
Going to assume this is set before Pura's encounter with Junior!

A bear attack was straight-forward enough - Pura had seen several bears from afar, and had wondered each time what kind of damage those colossal paws might be able to do to a wolf. If Blue was actively taking care of Finn, it meant he was still alive - maybe even recovering. Pura made a note to satisfy his morbid curiosity by visiting.

The source of Junior's injuries were less clear to him. Pura cocked his head to one side, frown lines crinkling his freckles. "That doesn't work," he declared - wise words from a naive place.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
IT was actually Finley that Blue was taking care of, the she wolf that had left with Peregrine. But since she didn't know that Pura had gotten them confused, she could not correct him. She tilted her head as she thought of hte vicious wounds that criss crossed the pelt of Finley.

Blue looked at him and shook her head No it doesn't, it doesn't at all. But I guess sometimes there's so much hurt inside that it manifests itself to the outside. It's a shame but there it is. So Pura I have missed you I am glad your back.
308 Posts
Ooc — Karmencita
Pura filed the comment away for further pondering later on. Thinking about it, he could draw some parallels between what Blue Willow was trying to explain and the feeling that crept into his spine whenever the pack was in distress - like a sixth sense for emotion to make up for his poor grasp of facial expressions. It made no logical sense; why should someone else's internal distress give him an itchy ass? He supposed it was useful on some level. It certainly put him in the same unpleasant mood as the wolf experiencing the actual feelings.

In his own way, Pura had missed Blue Willow too. She had a calm aura and a voice he didn't mind listening to. "I didn't go far away," he told her, bedding in for a longer conversation by sitting down and wrapping his tail tightly about his rump. "Saena came back. She's here, so I'm here too."
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue Willow like most animals had that sixth sense that he thought of. Though her's was not as pronounced as other's. Perhaps it was because she was inherently a good wolf, and did not assume that another meant her harm. It was strange for her to assume someone would hurt another just because. THough she knew it could happen.

Yes you were never far ,but I missed talking to you. She chuckled yes she had seen Saena, she was going to be a beautiful girl, when she was older. She tilted her head and nodded Yes Saena is too. I missed her too. What adventures did you go on? Or were you just keeping watch? She remembered how Pura would sit and watch others as a small pup, and she wondered if he had continued as he aged and matured.
308 Posts
Ooc — Karmencita
"What adventures did you go on? Or were you just keeping watch?"

That earned Blue Willow a very rare, genuine smile. "Watching," Pura confirmed, lips relaxing back down over his teeth. "I watched all around. I saw bears, and a coyote. I chased it a way." Of course - as long as there were wolves on the Plateau that he felt connected to, Pura would always be its protector. Going much further than the stream that bisected the Flatlands was not an idea that appealed.

He turned his metallic gaze to the distant 'Elsewhere'. "Why is Peregrine gone?"
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue listened and smiled as she remembered the small boy he had been, who struggled to say the very basest of words. Now he could hold a conversation and not think twice about it. Though he was still an abnormal boy, he was loved by the healer none the less.

She frowned as she thought of how to answer the question. It's complicated I suppose. Firstly his new mate didn't like it here, she wanted her own home with him. And he is an instinctual wolf and I suppose the closer she gets to breeding season the closer he is going to want to be to her and do what she wants. And I suppose he wasn't happy here anymore. I'm not sure really other than that.
308 Posts
Ooc — Karmencita
That didn't sound complicated to Pura. In his experience, dismissing something as complicated meant that you had two shitty choices, and had picked the slightly shittier one - meaning that it disadvantaged the greatest number of individuals. In this case, the jilted parties were Peregrine's daughters, who had been left behind in favour of newer, cuter children that weren't quite as troublesome.

Pura wasn't fussed, as usual. He liked Peregrine, and missed his guidance, but there were other wolves with the same skills.

"Are my sisters angry about it?" he asked calmly, turning back, assuming that the answer would be 'yes'. Abandonment was up there with loss on his artificially constructed grief scale, although the former could inspire as much as rage as sadness.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue had forgotten that Pura puzzled and understood things differently. She strongly felt that the youth didn't have the same moral compass as most others, if he had one at all. That didn't make her love him any less, just differently. She tilted her head as he puzzled some things out.

Blue chuckled dryly Angry is an understatement my dear. Furious, betrayed, angry, forgotten, abandoned?...i think those are just a few of the range of emotions they are feeling. Are you okay with it?
308 Posts
Ooc — Karmencita
Those were.. a lot of feelings, and they were all meant largely the same thing to Pura: Not Good, the way feeling hungry was also Not Good, nor was falling into brambles. The nuances were lost on him, but at least it gave him some clue as to how the girls would need to be approached - with caution.

"Yes," he replied, without any indication that he wasn't completely serious - no shrug or averting of eyes. Had it been Pura's choice, he would have asked Peregrine to stay - but he hadn't been asked, and what was done was done. The only complication now was that he lacked a mentor to continue his training. "Are there other Guardians here?"
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue wasn't sure if he understood her, and even if he ever felt such emotions. She didn't think there was anything really wrong with him, he just was rather un emotional.

Blue nodded glad at least that he was okay, the only one of the children to be emotionally okay on any aspect. She tilted her head at his next question trying to think of what he meant by guardian. It clicked as she realized he meatn warden and she frowned trying to remember. Atticus had been working on it, but even he was gone. There were some that didn't hold the title, but at least knew what it was. I don't know if anyone holds the title, but there are others who could teach you regardless. dante, Lasher even myself know how to patrol and have to on a daily basis.
308 Posts
Ooc — Karmencita
Conclude? :) I'm not sure where to take Pura..!

"I don't know if anyone holds the title, but there are others who could teach you regardless. Dante, Lasher even myself know how to patrol and have to on a daily basis."

Dante and Lasher. Pura knew the latter's face, but had never spent any time alone with the Peregrine's once lover. With a curt nod and no words at all, the youth excused himself to find wolves that would be able to occupy his mind with a job or two.