Hushed Willows The Wolf of Earthy Soil
86 Posts
Ooc — Tuft
All Welcome 
 @Kyrell

Tuft wanted to meet up with Kyrell to get a better understanding of how the pack's cache system worked. The tricky part was actually finding him. Spending several hours through frost covered trees and crunchy snow, Tuft could Eventually, on the outskirts of their territory near the bluebird thicket, Tuft picked up Kyrell's scent. The snow seemed to be masking the scent of the everyone in the pack. 

Not wanting to scare off Kyrell, Tuft yelled out into the chilled air, puffs of his breath freezing, "Kyrell? Is that you? This is Tuft. I want to help out." .

Moonglow
Iota
60 Posts
Ooc — Squeaks
Thank you for your patience.

Cloaked within the trees Kyrell walked confidently. A voice weaved through the conifers beckoning for his attention. His ears cupped in the direction of the sound and his nostrils flared. Fluidly navigating his way through the wood, Tuft soon materialized within his sights. Emerald eyes fixed onto to other male, Kyrell slowed his approach.

Morning, Tuft. He called to the black and white wolf, stepping closer with a shake of his fur and wave of his tail. A polite smile to his face. You want to help out, huh? Well, how about you tell me what you want to help with?
86 Posts
Ooc — Tuft
Of course! Take your time!

A smirk appeared on Tuft's muzzle as he clarified. "Yes sir! It is my job and duty to help out with the pack by the Coach's will!" He said in a military fashion. 

He sniffed the air, trying to locate the nearest cache, but unable to locate the right scent. "Could you show me around the territory? I want to make sure that the caches are all well stocked, but since I'm so new around here, I don't really know where they are.

Moonglow
Iota
60 Posts
Ooc — Squeaks
Crinkles formed at the corners of his eyes, delighted by the man's enthusiasm. He caught the way Tuft lifted his nose. Not a bad start, but there were some other tricks he could teach the man.

Suppose the point of saving leftovers for everyone is defeated if no one can find them, yeah? He gestured with his muzzle for Tuft to follow. C'mon, there's one nearby. We can start there.

Kyrell turned on his heel, moving deeper into the thicket. He hadn't checked this one in a few days. It would be a good teaching moment then, as his paw prints would not be leading to it. Reaching the edge of the clearing it was in located in, he glanced over to Tuft.

A poorly covered cache will smell heavily, but you can look for other signs of a cache too. Someone's footprints, markings on the trees, or scratch marks in dirt when there isn't snow are good things to look out for too.

He remained where he stood, but his eyes drifted. He knew the cache here was at the base of a pine. Boone previously rubbed against the trees when first making it and he kept of the same routine with his maintenance. How long would it take for Tuft to catch on?