Heron Lake Plateau [m]Ghosts follow me, do they follow you?
Hushed Willows
Singer
158 Posts
Ooc — Kitt
Read Only 
Tags for ref! Set a few days out from leaving Silver Creek

She and Ruin traveled from the Creek towards the Sea, with Ruin unexpectedly acquiescing to Reina’s desire to revisit the sparkling waters. He planned to take her north to Rhodesia to rejoin his pack and assert dominance over the region, obtaining what was promised. Reina was the beginning, and now under his control, he aimed to bring Rhodesia under his reign as well. He would grant her this wish, and she had shown him profound gratitude for it.

They settled on the Plateau for a rest, an area exposed yet secluded enough to ensure privacy. Reina stole moments to herself, observing the herons that gave the Plateau its name. In these serene moments, the images of Reverie, Everett, and the children would materialize, mirroring her gaze toward the majestic birds, only to turn their tear-filled eyes back to her.

Feeling their stares, she would slowly return her own, noting the wet fur beneath their eyes. To the children’s faces, she offered a gentle smile and whispered, “I’m okay, my little loves, don’t worry. Your aunt and uncles will care for you better than I ever will.” Everett received a stoic look, her tone flat, “It’s too late for those tears, Everett,” softly she added, “But, I wouldn’t mind hearing your songs, again.” Reverie was met with a glare filled with anguish and scorn, her words sharp and bitter, “How does it feel to cry for me as I have cried for you? I hope it hurts; I hope it breaks you. Fortunately for me, I no longer feel that pain.”

Indeed, the poppy teas she still received helped, but the red ribbons that had once bound her to the Medeiros siblings, except for @Tybault, were now severed and frayed, freeing her from the anguish she had endured for months. They no longer possessed her; her heart no longer beat for them—Ruin claimed that right.

This was what it truly was, wasn’t it? An ownership masquerading as love and devotion? She found herself uncaring in the face of reality. He wanted her, craved her, and her only. That was all she needed now.

Right?

Mature Content Warning

This thread has been marked as mature. By reading and/or participating in this thread, you acknowledge that you are of age or have permission from your parents to do so.

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: Player may use vulgar language and may write about sensitive/difficult topics that might offend others. Discretion is advised.
I will ALWAYS discuss plot points and address any and all concerns regarding any of my toons, threads, or even specific posts. It is NOT my intention to cause anyone discomfort; I am merely interested in creating stories and building my writing skills.