Redhawk Caldera Puppies and Kitties
10 Posts
Ooc — Sop
Lark scented another border, and veered to the side. The whole area was full of annoying wolf packs, more in one place then she had ever seen before. The lynx stopped suddenly with a low snarl. She, in no way had to acknowledge the borders. She wasn't a wolf. She walked over the line of scents and yellow snow, searching for her next meal. She made a point of marking a tree, almost itching for a fight.

The scent of prey met her nose, and in a flurry of snow she dug up one frosted slab of meat. She dragged it up into a gnarled tree, and began to wolf down the cold flesh on a low branch about 5 feet of the ground. She gazed at the few other pieces of meat lying around the hole, and licked her chops. Desert.
Oh, me and the Sun? We're cool. He's a chill dude, for the most part. Don't get on his nerves though; he gets pretty heated.
273 Posts
Ooc — Xandir or just X
◆About that poll, anticipating Lynx. But who knows? ◆

Ash hadn't even planned to get out of his den today, but found himself wandering the Wilds, yet again. Wandering, while having a purpose. He had to find Halethorn Verries, the little red droplets that could be mistaken for the little red berries that finches commonly devoured during the winter time as a food source. But he was supposed to do it earlier, and slept it off, and earlier in the day, he was caught up screwing around with Somnia.
Again, he was smiling.
She did that to him.
More than he deserved, but she did it.

As he padded through the snowy terrain, he almost began to sing a fav song of his, before he noticed something golden in the distance. Closing the space, recognized the sight.
A lynx.

"Hey there, cool cat, whatcha diggin down?"

Ash knew felines to be very scatty animals, but Lynxs, bobcats, and every other wild feline proved him wrong, again and again. They usually were quite brash, and didnt typically run away at a threat, but moreso challenged it.
What would this kitty do?

Vibrant emeralds studied the beautifully pelted animalia, and he awaited a response from the thing who scarfed down food as voraciously as a newborn pup.
10 Posts
Ooc — Sop
"Digging down?" What did that even mean? Lark frowned in confusion. "I am digging down...rabbit?" she answered, half statement half question. She looked down almost guiltily at the cache she had looted. Were all the wolves of this pack so laid back? She stood alertly on the thick branch, tail waving slowly, ears perked up.
Oh, me and the Sun? We're cool. He's a chill dude, for the most part. Don't get on his nerves though; he gets pretty heated.
273 Posts
Ooc — Xandir or just X
The surprise didn't take long to hit the fancy feastin feline, and Ash sent up a little laugh. He couldn't tell whether she was surprised by him not outright smashin her, or whether it was because he was a chill little dude, but she clearly looked guilty about her little meal.

"Chill out there, doll. I ain't gonna eat on ya. If anything, if anyone asks, ill just say I ate it. Everybody needs a bit of food evey now and then. If anything, I'll just nom witcha, nice?"

The hippie was brought up to respect all life, no matter predator or prey. Hell, he was also brought up to eat only salads, but that was a lesson he quickly left behind. Salads weren't a wolfs food.

Looking into the obviously pried open cache, the Doctor nosied on in there, and picked out his own frozen dinner. Another fattened hare. He then covered up the rest of the cache hole, circled under the trees base, and started nommin on the crunchy meat.
After downin a bite, the blonde teen asked,

"Names Ashton. Or just Ash. Whichever ya like best. Whats ya name, toots?"
10 Posts
Ooc — Sop
Lark grinned, and jumped down from the tree. He wasn't so bad, for a wolf. She was half amazed and half in hysterics over his strange way of speaking. It was a definite improvement on the way other wolves spoke to her, stiffly and carefully thought out. "Lark. I'm Lark" she responded without hesitation. "And I'll give back what I took." She lay in front of the wolf and crossed her front paws. "So, Ashton. Are all wolves like you here?"
273 Posts
Ooc — Xandir or just X
"Haha, negative, pearly paws, I'm a one in a kind kinda dude."

Ash only had look at her to see such astonishment at his nature. He knew how mean big bad wolves could be, and yea, they had their reasons, but he was a pretty chill dude. He wasn't the type to even swat at a fly.

"And nice ta snag ya name, Lark. Gnarley title ya got goin on there for yourself."

She even offered to replace what she had eaten, and the words only roved his point. It was better to earn respect out of love and peace, than out of fear. Every animal had a heart, had soft spots, and if ya pal'd em, you wouldn't have to worry about having enemies, ever again.
Circle of love in a circle of life.

"Nah, doll, ya aint gotta, if you dont wanna. I told ya i got your back. Aint nothin but smooth sailin for us, girl."

A twinkling smile dazzled his handsome face, as he grinned down at the kitty.

"What's a good ol' lynx doing around wolf lands, anyway?