Redhawk Caldera Find me a find, catch me a catch
2,313 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Tracker
Master Guardian
The Alpha issued something of a warning before getting to the point, which only served to increase Elwood's anxiety. But when Peregrine spoke again after a drawn-out pause, his words could not have been more shocking.

Finley was in love with him? On some level, he had to have known this, but to hear it said so plainly just didn't seem to make sense. Not after what she had said to him the other day; she had acted with a level of anger that Elwood had never seen before. But as Peregrine elaborated, the pieces slowly slid into place. She had been upset -- extremely so -- after seeing him with Grimm. That didn't validate her actions, but Elwood could understand the reason behind her fury.

A series of emotions slid across Elwood's face -- relief, frustration, confusion. Things were so much clearer, and yet inexplicably murkier at the same time. This was something that he would have been elated to hear days ago -- but now...now, he took it with a grain of salt. He loved her too -- a weight lifted as he finally admitted to himself -- but how would they overcome the obstacles that they had both stubbornly placed on this shared road? It would take time and patience and conviction for them to mend their friendship -- and that had to be done first before they considered any kind of relationship beyond that.

He sighed, realizing that he had left Peregrine waiting for a response for much too long. Looking his friend in the face, he flashed him a sad smile. "I love her, too," he said softly, for the first time uttering the words out loud. "What do you think I should do? Should I find her and talk to her, or let her come to me? Does she need more time...?" He didn't want to rush anything, even the apologies that needed to be said by both sides; the thought of seeing her so soon made him feel uneasy.
Messages In This Thread
Find me a find, catch me a catch - by Peregrine Redhawk - February 10, 2015, 12:55 PM
RE: Find me a find, catch me a catch - by Elwood - February 10, 2015, 12:59 PM
RE: Find me a find, catch me a catch - by Peregrine Redhawk - February 10, 2015, 01:12 PM
RE: Find me a find, catch me a catch - by Elwood - February 10, 2015, 01:24 PM
RE: Find me a find, catch me a catch - by Peregrine Redhawk - February 10, 2015, 01:41 PM
RE: Find me a find, catch me a catch - by Elwood - February 10, 2015, 09:02 PM
RE: Find me a find, catch me a catch - by Peregrine Redhawk - February 11, 2015, 08:57 AM
RE: Find me a find, catch me a catch - by Elwood - February 11, 2015, 12:44 PM
RE: Find me a find, catch me a catch - by Peregrine Redhawk - February 11, 2015, 12:56 PM
RE: Find me a find, catch me a catch - by Elwood - February 11, 2015, 01:11 PM
RE: Find me a find, catch me a catch - by Peregrine Redhawk - February 11, 2015, 01:44 PM
RE: Find me a find, catch me a catch - by Elwood - February 11, 2015, 08:42 PM