Blackfoot Forest I thought you were a brother
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian

Burke was going to find out where Kove went. He hadn't seen the light male in forever and as a dark brother he set out his mission to find the light colored wolf. Burke was going to tell him what his opinion was about Kove just turning his back on the brotherhood. Burke wasn't easily 'mad' and he wasn't really but he was annoyed by the fact that he was saddled up with Crescendo and Kadence. Kove was the one he liked the most. He had counted on them becoming brothers.

The grey tank of a male followed an old scent of the male until he caught a fresher one. Oh so the fake dark brother was close. Good. Burke moved into a trot, soon spotting the ghost. "There you are! How dare you carry that mark while you left the pack!," Burke huffed, snorting loudly to show his disapproval.
[Image: 141skqx.png]
Guardian, Mentor and Therapist
Atâtak Atsanik
918 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
The ghost had been nosing around and searching for any scents that could lead him to food. He wasn't overly hungry, but there was enough of a feeling there to have him wanting to hunt. He never got the chance to, though, because a voice had sounded near him before he could even find a scent worth following. Kove raised his head up from the ground and looked to the source of the voice, a look on confusion flashing across his face before he covered it up. Why was the male here, and why did he question him still wearing the mark? Surely the man knew he was still apart of the Brotherhood, that he had actually become a priest. Or, perhaps, he didn't. The pale being discovered he didn't know what was in the other's mind. He hadn't betrayed anyone by leaving, and he still respected the Dark Queen.

"Burke," the Inuit said calmly, bringing his copper gaze to meet his blue one. "I may have left the pack, but not the Brotherhood. I am kind of shocked you would accuse me of doing so." His eyes trailed over his tank-like form, noticing the mark of the Brotherhood on him as he did so. He hadn't known the other was welcomed in until now, and couldn't help but give him a nod of approval, despite the situation. "Glad to see you were recruited to join, by the way. The mark suits you." Kove didn't hesitate as he stepped closer to the other, closer the distance until it felt more comfortable to speak. Never knew who could be listening in.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke didn't know he had been wrong all along. Instantly his demeanor changed. His head nodded respectfully. "I must have been mistaken then," he instantly returned. "I thought that when you left you also left the brotherhood. I was looking forward to become your brother," the masked male spoke. Burke could tell someone when he liked them. Kove was one of those wolves who deserves respect and would make a loyal brother. "Your words are too kind I don't deserve them after my accusation. I normally don't jump to conclusions but as you can see I am pretty bummed that you left the pack in the first place," he grey pointed out.

Burke had at least expected a goodbye. Maybe Kove had and he had been away. Could be. Could be. The male plopped down on his butt in front of Kove, showing how relaxed he was around his brother. His light eyes on Kove. "So why is it you left?,' he wondered.
Atâtak Atsanik
918 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
The other seemed to have realized his error as soon as it was pointed out, rather than arguing to prove he was correct. Kove liked that a lot, as it meant the older man's mind and judgement was worth trusting. "I would never leave the Brotherhood. I was raised to be loyal, and abandoning my brothers and sisters like that would be an unspeakable thing to do." He settled himself into a sitting position, feeling at ease around the other. He was larger, yes, but the ghost did not fear the argent man. He trusted his brother with his life, as most would. He shook his head in a dismissive manner, then returned his gaze to the other. "It was an honest mistake, and is now behind us," he started, a small grin slowly making it's way onto his face, and a joke into his words. "Really? Miss me already? I haven't been gone too long, you know. You're always welcome to visit if you ever get tired of anyone in the pack."

Before he'd left, Kove had not thought to say goodbye to the others in the Brotherhood. Even if he had, he would not have gone near Crescendo, as there would have been a good chance that he'd attack him right then and there. That wouldn't have been good for his case. He knew he should have at least offered his farewells to Burke, as e actually liked the older wolf. The question of why he left was then presented to him, and he couldn't help put let his grin fall into a smile. "The woman I love was kicked out of her pack and I didn't want her to be alone. I suggested we create our own pack, and we've been working towards that. I couldn't leave her to live on her own, and with Crescendo in Blackfeather, there was no way in hell I was bringing her there." Around Scarlett he could be the most relaxed and carefree wolf on the earth, but that didn't change the fact that he was still capable of fighting and killing when necessary—which is exactly what would have happened all the time had he'd brought her to the dark forest.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian

Burke was pleased to see that Kove didn't held a grudge about his error. He believed mov eon his word that he would never leave the brotherhood. "That was what I thought, I came to fetch you for that reason. But it is good to have my trust back," Burke spoke with his normal husky calm tone. The masked male nodded courtly when Kove spoke that it was behind them. Burke was utterly pleased and he looked like that too. The male actually laughed when Kove spoke. "Secretly I've been in love with you all this time," Burke joked and then winked. "Just kidding. But that is a good suggestion. I got the task to learn Meldresi's pups how to spy. I might need a break soon."

Burke listened to Kove explain why he left and slowly his face turned to an 'are-you-kidding-me'-face. The larger male shook his head slowly in disbelieve. "Oh oh Kove. How weak of you. I do approve of you having your own pack. You will be a good alpha. That is coming from me, a failed alpha." Burke's light eyes studied Kove. "Why don't you show me if you still go it, Lovesick Fool," he challenged his fellow brother. He got up and then sank playfully through his front paws.
Atâtak Atsanik
918 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
A pinch of PP so it follows the sparring thread. c: I'll edit it if you want me to.

Kove's head bobbed in a steady nod as the other spoke. "I am glad to have your trust back," he said. "You're someone I wouldn't want to be distrusting of me." Burke was a large wolf, that much was obvious just by looking at the fellow, but he was also calm minded and a good thinker. The ghost saw those things as being useful, and wished for them each to hold a line of trust for the other. Once the pack was founded, he would need to work harder than usual, and would be counting on the grey man, as well as some others of the Brotherhood, to assist him in relaying messages to the Queen. After all, he couldn't just up and leave every single time her got even a sliver of useful information. That would casuse suspicions of him to form, which wouldn't be good for a pack that was meant to be as close to a family as possible. Speaking of families, though, Kove grinned as the older male mentioned teaching Meldresi's kids. "I'm sure that's not easy. I met all three of those pups, and they aren't alike at all. Knowing that, I'm sure you really will need a break soon." He couldn't help but chuckle at that, as well as the mental image of him showing up someday, exhausted because of the little ones. It would definitely be amusing for the pale figure.

The man frowned as the other referred to what he'd done as being weak. To him, however, it was the opposite. "Hopefully I do not fail as a leader," he voiced. "My grandfather was an excellent one, from what I remember, and I can only hope to follow in his footsteps." Not entirely, of course, as his grandfather had eventually become some cranky old recluse, but one that could still fight and take down any young wolf who dared challenge him. It had always been amusing, and Kove aspired to be able to do that when he was old and getting paler. With the image of his grandfather in mind, he grinned at the older male. "Don't think I'll go easy on you, brother." His words were enough to show he'd accepted the request to spar with Burke, and he allowed the older wolf to make the first move.

After Kove accepted the request to spar with the other member of the Brotherhood, he watched as he leaped forward in an attempt to grab his scruff. The ghost, of course, tried to avoid the attack by moving out of the way, and was successful enough to avoid getting the worst of it. The pale man then proceeded to try and kick at the grey beast's legs, wishing to unbalance him and send him toppling over.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Oh please. It is all good <3

Burke wasn't going to reply during sparring. He needed to focus on winning. Of course Burke knew that Kove had been a skilled warrior. In the beginning it did seem that Burke got the upper hand. It was only after he got too cocky in his mind that he would win, his attacks started to fail. In the end it was Kove who won from Burke. But the large grey had his peace with it. He respected Kove and wouldn't mind losing to him. When Burke was floored he signaled to Kove that he had won this spar. The large tank of a male showered his belly to his friend before turning. He did stayed down on the ground since he was tired.

The grey tank looked at Kove. "It is how you make it work. Besides you are not leading it alone. Your fluffy girlfriend is alpha too yes?," the grey male questioned. Compared to her Kove would probably be an excellent leader. Burke wasn't looking forward about this break he would need from Meldresi's kids. He wasn't really a fan of kids. They were so... tiring. In his previous pack he didn't even look at the children he and his brother had created. It was a female's job to raise them. Plus Burke wasn't going to invest time in a pup that might be from his brother's bloodline. How funny because he was basically playing dad for Meldresi's pups. How things changed. He only did it because it was his duty.
Atâtak Atsanik
918 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
As the battle started, Kove moved with the intentions to win, despite the obvious differences in their muscle volumes. He was not one to give up, and felt his determination is what helped him to win. Once the spar had been drawn to a close, and the older male stayed laying down, the ghost sat down in order to allow himself a break, too. It was a well fought battle, and he was sure the both of them tried their hardest. He allowed his tongue to hang out to cool himself off. Even though Spring was well underway, his Summer coat wasn't much different from his Winter one. It was a curse, sometimes, being both half an arctic wolf and from Alaska. It was much warmer in the Wilds, even during the Winter, and with Spring looming over them and having just undergone a real psychical endeavor, he was feeling rather hot beneath his pelt.

"You're right, there," he pointed out, chuckling a bit. "She and I will be sure to make it work in the best way we can." The man was really looking forward to leading a pack side-by-side with the one he loves. It would be difficult at times, he knew that was inevitable, but was positive they would both be able to work to overcome it. He looked to Burke, again, a mischievous look in his eyes. "What about you, Burke?" the pale wolf suddenly inquired. "Find anyone worth loving yet? As I'm sure you realized just moments ago, it doesn't affect your strength at all. It gives you something worth fighting for, you know."
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Haha reminds me of THIS.

Burke had exactly the same problem. He was from Alaska and this mild weather here was not so wonderful. Burke was still sporting a thick winter coat. He was shedding heavily already but all his thick hairs took a while to lose them all. It was horrendous. Before summer would start Burke was usually done shedding, but his summer coat was almost twice as thick as a normal summer coat. He panted heavily. "Of course you will, I would expect nothing less." He was wondering about Kove's future mate. But maybe it worked wonderfully like good cop/bad cop.

The large male snorted loudly when Kove was basically starting girl talk with him. He shook his head in disbelieve, but it was a fond disbelieve. "I can't believe you asked me that. Nope. I haven't found that one girl that can even spike my interest for long enough," he spoke, utterly calm and disinterested. But in fact there was someone who he wouldn't mind seeing again. And he didn't even knew her name. How annoying.
Atâtak Atsanik
918 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Fits the situation well xD

One of the good things about the valley he and the others would be settling in was the river. The water would most likely stay cool through all the seasons, providing a good sense of relief for Kove when Summer hit them. There was a good chance he would swim through it even before then, though, as his spar with Burke reminded him just how heated it can get beneath his thick coat. He was sure the older male would have a similar problem, and hoped for his own sake he'd head to the lake often. The ghost would have offered him an opportunity to enter the valley right then and there, but he knew he should speak with Scarlett about it first. They were both to lead, and he valued her thoughts more than anything else. His head bobbed slightly out of understanding when the grey tank mentioned expecting nothing less.

Kove chuckled as the other responded to what he'd asked. "Oh, really?" he inquired, laughter settling down. "Can't get over me long enough to even try for a lady?" The man was, of course, joking. He didn't know what to expect from his fellow Brother, or if he would ever find someone to settle down with, but hoped he would. To him, finding that special someone was like nothing other, and made a man stronger than they could ever be. The love gave them someone to care for and protect, it gave them a reason to fight and a sense of being needed. While he was sure the other believed he had all those things by being about of both Blackfeather and the Dark Brotherhood, he knew from experience that it would only intensify if he found someone. For a moment, the ghost considered setting him up with someone, but quickly disregarded that thought, having a feeling it would end badly. Besides, he didn't know all too many females that would even glance at a Blackfeather man after all Crescendo's done.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Sorry short <3

Burke's heavy panting was slowly becoming more steady. His body took its time to cool down but once he was getting to a more comfortable temperature the male sat again. He actually liked to go to his den and curl up there. The male had found an old fox den and dug it out more. He barely fitted in the space but he liked it, it kept his nice and warm during the winter. Burke looked at Kove and smirked. "I will always be hung up on you," he returned. "There might be someone but I don't feel like sharing that with you yet,' the male teased.

With that Burke got to his feet. He shook out his body and then gave a quick goodbye nod to Kove. "See ya Brother,' he returned with a hum. He turned away from kove, showing off his bunnybutt while he walked back home to Black Feather.
Atâtak Atsanik
918 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
It's fine. c: Mine is short too. "orz

Kove chuckled, finding the other's response to be amusing. He was glad that the man could play along and be so easygoing at times. It made him a good friend and, more importantly, a good Brother. "I expect you to let me know if things ever get serious," he stated, flashing his companion a grin. "Would be nice to know what type of girl could actually get you to feel real affection towards her." He slowly rose up to his feet as the other did, giving an unconscious shake of his pelt as he did.

The ghost gave a nod of his head as the other gave his goodbyes. "See you some other time, then, Burke," he said, watching him depart. A low chuckle fell from his lips as he spotted his rabbit tail, giving a small shake of his head in amusement. He couldn't help but find it funny as he watched the grey lupine walk away, heading back in the direction of the dark forest. Kove waited until he was a decent distance away, before turning around himself and walking off. His legs carried him towards the valley at a moderate pace, off to finish looking at each area of the territory.