Northstar Vale moonlight drowns out all but the brightest stars
15 Posts
Ooc — Amanda
The day had started off warm, like so many others before it. As Aysun padded through the dense undergrowth of Northstar Vale dapples of sunlight ran over her fur like water. The hunting in the vale had been well worth their while -- her and her twin sister had taken up residence a week ago at the base of a hollowed out tree and lined with dirt and stone. Aysen had awoken before her sister and taken off to find something for them to eat. The Savas youth enjoyed taking time for herself in this way, and could often be found wandering at night peering up at the sky.

Aysun wandered aimlessly through the vale before finally finding a decent outcrop of rocks to scale. She had spent much of their first week together on the patrol, making sure to mark the tiny territory around their new home as she travelled, and also to watch for signs of other wildlife, both good and bad. Her father had taught her well, and she was observant -- taking also her mothers knowledge and taking note of plants that grew and had medicinal qualities. Aysel had a memory for those sorts of things, and Aysun suddenly wished that her sister had joined her for this small excursion.

From her place atop the rocks she scanned the horizon, finally huffing a sigh and dropping to her side.
it feels better biting down
16 Posts
Ooc — Ash
What time of day is it in this thread?

The ashen wolf moved gracefully through the dense underbrush of this forested area. He didn't know what to call it, but it was rife with wildlife, both flora and fauna that nearly overwhelmed his senses. He was used to vast stretches of land that barely had a grass covering, used to snow drifts that would smother any life beneath it's wintry bulk, but seeing such life flourishing in this vale made his mouth water. There would plenty to eat here, plenty to see and do. He wondered why a pack hadn't made their mark here before now. Sure, it wasn't the easiest place to get to, but at least it was secluded and well protected.

Ahead rocks piled high above the ground, and atop the rocks a wolf sprawled. Skyfall paused and studied the form in silence, wondering if the wolf was even alive. Ah, yes, she was. Her ribs rose and fell with her breath. Why was she way up there? Skyfall was never very good at climbing rocks, but he'd give it a try. There wasn't a reason he couldn't talk to this woman, though he didn't know anything about her, other than the fact that her scent permeated this area, though there was no pack here. "May I join you up there, miss?" he called, head titled up to await her response.
15 Posts
Ooc — Amanda
late morning/noonish. I'm so bad at including that stuff, haha

Aysun stifled a yawn and lowered her head to her paws, letting the small patches of sunlight that filtered through the trees warm her. The warmth made her sleepy, and she felt her eyes fall shut. The vale hummed quietly around her, but it was the sound of dry earth crackling beneath large paws that made her ears twitch, her head lifting to turn in the direction of the sound. The male that approached was much larger then herself, coated in a pristine coat of white that upon closer inspection was threaded with subtle darker areas. She blinked her large amber eyes at him and leaned forward with a shrug at his words, "Sure," she moved over to give him space and spared another glance at him, taking note of the striking colour of his eyes.

The outcropping of stone was tall enough that she could see out across a small portion of the vale, and she suddenly wondered if the male before her had explored more of it then she had -- she suddenly felt a protective hardness form in her chest (for what reason she was not sure) and twitched a lip as she looked away. It was a childish reaction, and she immediately regretted the thought.

"I wish I could see more from up here," she mused softly, flicking one ear towards him curiously.
16 Posts
Ooc — Ash
No problem, I just wanted to clarify! :D

With her affirmation, Skyfall began to pick his way up the rocks slowly. Climbing rocks this big was not something he was used to, though he had grown up near a mountain and had taken his fair share of rocks down. This was different, however, because the sides of the rocks were mostly smooth and gave very little in the way of leverage. But he finally made it up to the top, where she lay, and seated himself a few feet away.

Turning silver eyes toward the vista that unfolded before him, he smiled. "It's a beautiful sight," he countered, wondering what exactly she was looking for in the vastness that sprawled before them. "It reminds me of home, almost, though we had less greenery." The southern reaches of Canada, though he didn't call it that, could be temperate in certain areas, but he had lived in a small mountain range with his pack, until about four months ago. He had nearly torn off his brother's ear while defending his sister from the monster, and had been banished because of that kindness. Skyfall didn't feel remorse for that, but he was sure his brother still felt the sting of his teeth on the torn ear he had left in his wake.

"You could always climb a higher mountain, if you want a better view. But I think this one is just fine," he turned toward her with a smile, not realizing that his words might be misinterpreted.
15 Posts
Ooc — Amanda
Aysuns family had lived in a forest similar to this -- well protected by mountains, stocked with food... it was no question that she and her sibling had been drawn to a similar territory. There was little she could do at this time besides wander and mark... but someday somehow perhaps a pack would be able to form here, and she would be the one to lead it. She was young, and youth sometimes harboured ideas so large they didn't fully understand them.

"Hm," she offered thoughtfully, "I could get used to this." Aysun turned and offered him an easy grin -- his own face was mirrored in a similar expression, and her ears flicked back. The tawny girl clicked her teeth together before speaking again, "I'm Aysun -- my sister is here somewhere too. We travelled here together before finding this vale." She huffed a sigh, angling herself to look at the man who sat beside her, "Where was home?" She leaned closer, giving him a quiet sniff before settling again -- he smelled of himself, no pack to claim, no pack to follow.

Wolves could live like that, but only for so long. Aysun and Aysel would do fine together for a time, but eventually, a pack would need to be found. Wolves were not meant to be solitary creatures.
16 Posts
Ooc — Ash
I'm sorry for the delay here. Could we wrap this up in a few posts? :)

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Aysun. My name is Skyfall." He was intrigued that she had traveled with her sister, and felt a pang of sadness clutch his heart. Skyfall missed Eir every single day and hoped their mother would protect her from Valig's sadism. With a shake of his head, Skyfall turned to answer the girl's other question. "Home is many weeks' travel north of here. I lived at the base of a mountain, though our territory extended across the entire mountainside."

Skyfall wondered if there was a pack around here he would enjoy, or if he would even be allowed entry after being banished from his birth pack. While it had been his fault for fighting, the reasons behind it were pure--he had simply been protecting his sister from their sadistic brother. He only hoped an alpha would understand his reasons. "Where was home for you?"