Blacktail Deer Plateau Be my friend before the dawn
1,700 Posts
Ooc — Me
ooc: set near the borders of the plateau, a bit beyond them. @Magpie

It was late afternoon and Osprey, who had spent most of the day either having frequent little meals or dozing in the sunlight, found herself feeling well enough to have a walk. She was in a good mood, because, even though she had not yet spoken to either Blue willow or Lasher in order to apologize, mending things with Dante had been a huge step forward. She had broken out of the enchanted circle of lonliness, seeking solace not beyond the pack's borders but among people that cared for her.

However a bit of wanderlust - unrelated to her thirst for society - had remained. She could not go far, because her feet still ached (though the pain had lessened during the last few days) and she had felt more tired recently than before. But now even a small distance walked without tripping over or falling was a little victory that lifted her spirits. Her pace was slow, steps careful and deliberate, because only a bit more than two weeks were left until whelping, and her body had changed - the belly had become a bit bigger and rounder and teats - developing and filling up with milk - more prominent. However, these changes were in odd contrast to the unkempt coat, ribs and hips that were visible under her coat and thin legs with knobby, swollen joints. And face - eyes sunken and expression weary.

Though looking far from an image of a happy and healthy mother, expecting her first litter, Osprey felt good and content for, what she had got. Having reached the edge of the plateau, Osprey stopped, sat down to have a rest and as she looked at the setting sun and the vague image of the moon appearing in the sky across it's rival, a fleeting thought of, what would her children be like, crossed her mind briefly only to be overshadowed by fear that she could get too attached and that something would happen.
run wild. live free. love strong.
321 Posts
Ooc — Riven
Magpie knew the Wilds were teeming with packs, and her original goal upon returning to the area had been to visit them all before determining where to settle. She hadn't expected to find a place amongst Redhawk Caldera (nor had she particularly wanted to, back then)... but Fox had insisted. Peregrine, at least, seemed to place high value on his wolves not leaving the pack's territory— ever— and so the yearling had remained in the confines of its borders, determined to show the alpha male that she was loyal.

But still... she finally needed a break. Some time away to evaluate her choices, and whether she was really happy— whether she truly wanted a life in the caldera, or if it was only something she was doing out of spite towards Peregrine. Instinctually, she had avoided the territories of other packs, but as she passed near the outer border of one— and saw the figure of another wolf— it occurred to her that if she were carefully, she didn't necessarily have to.

And so Magpie approached, tail and posture low, hailing the eerily familiar woman with a soft chuff.
ALL WELCOME threads are considered fair game to me, even if they are already in progress. My characters will often make one- or two-post cameos; if you'd like me to continue posting, just tag me and/or acknowledge my character!
1,700 Posts
Ooc — Me
When Osprey caught sight of a foreign wolf approaching her, she froze and regarded the stranger with a long and scrutinizing gaze. If the person turned out to be hostile, she would be at disadvantage. She could not run away (not fast enough at least), she could not fight it, being weak and her body hurting already, and there was little comfort in knowing that the pack's borders were within sight. As far as she knew, no one was around and it did not take a lot of time to maim or kill a wolf, therefore no one could possibly come to her aid, if things got nasty.

Therefore she stayed, where she was, fur on her nape bristled slightly and a low, defensive growl rumbled in her chest - no other tools were available for her. However as the wolf came closer she recognized it as one of Peregrine's subordinates. Her grim and serious expression changed to one of wonder and curiosity. She could not recall the girl's name, but the fact that she was not entirely sane ringed a bell. If she had come here to ask Osprey to help bring another goat to the caldera... She tilted her head to the side, waiting for the wolf to explain her reasons to coming here.

The wolf, however, seemed to have lost it's courage to come closer and after a little lingering on the spot, it turned around and went away. Osprey - on the other hand - contemplated a little, whether this wolf really had been the one she had known or someone having a close resemblance, and then chose to return to her spot and have a rest.

ooc: editted an ending, because the other player is PPC due to RL circumstances.