Ravensblood Forest I fought the law
288 Posts
Ooc — Kess
set the morning after the fight, assuming some stuff. AW, and Kesuk can jump in anytime if she wants/is able

Edit: tagging @Ryker @Ryker

After fleeing their former home at the plateau, Koda and Kesuk had sought refuge among the mighty redwoods of the Ravensblood forest. They spent their first night as lone wolves hunkered down in the hollowed out trunk of a fallen tree. He woke while she was still fast asleep, and quietly slipped out of their temporary home to get some air.

His injured shoulder had stiffened up overnight, making walking a painful chore. He did his best to block out the pain and limped through the trees with his nose to the ground, searching out the scent of prey. Even in his condition, he wanted to catch some breakfast for himself and his mate. He couldn't afford to let his injury slow them down, as they were still in reach of the plateau. Koda wondered if Dante was even conscious to hear the warning he'd given him just before he left, or if it would be enough to keep the Blacktails off his trail. His sleep had been restless for he feared retribution from the pack.

In his search, the hunter came across a puddle of cool water and dipped his head to drink. He lapped it up greedily, and once his thrist was quenched he admired his fresh battle scars in his reflection. Dante had sure left a few good marks, but Koda felt a sense of smug satisfaction knowing he'd left his defeated foe in far worse shape. Koda might have walked away with some scars, but at least his pride was still intact.

A noise in the woods brought his attention back to his surroundings. Something was approaching him from behind. Paranoid thoughts racing through his head, Koda spun around, hackles on end and lips curled back to reveal glinting fangs. A low growl rumbled from his throat as he waited for whatever was out there to reveal itself.
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
this looked lonely :)

Charon was wandering through Ravensblood Forest, adventuring and exploring and all that. He always liked to visit the sequoia trees and marvel at their hugeness and how they resisted fire; besides, knowing the territory better meant that if he was ever in a pickle and in need of a fire-resistant tree, he'd know exactly where to run to find one. This knowledge might save his life some day! Well, that's what Charon told himself, anyway. Made his adventuring time seem more noble and all that.

Charon was just headed towards the coast when the scent of another wolf caught his attention. The adolescent decided to follow the trail, always eager to meet new wolves (even if not all of them were that cool). Upon drawing nearer in a brisk trot, Charon suddenly heard a rumbling growl and not that far away from the other wolf, he halted in his tracks. "Whoa, chill, dude! It's just me, I'm not gonna bite your butt off." In automatic reply, Charon's hackles rose and his tail flung upwards, not wanting to show submission or weakness (although he really hoped that the other wolf would let his guard down when he found out he wasn't in any danger of being attacked by Charon).
288 Posts
Ooc — Kess
thanks for joining :)

The wolf who startled him turned out to be a harmless stranger, a kid who seemed just as surprised as Koda to be bumping into another wolf in a strange place. Koda's black lips sheathed his fangs and his hackles gradually relaxed, though he didn't drop his guard completely and kept both yellow eyes on the boy. "Shouldn't fucking sneak up on a guy like that," he chided the white speckled youth, clearly annoyed.
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Ears folded back, head erect in irritation, when the stranger spat at Charon not to sneak up on others. Like he was doing any sneaking up! This guy just popped up out of the middle of nowhere, going all potty-mouth, and he dared chide Charon for this situation?! Charon managed to hold back a growl, not looking for a physical tussle, but he couldn’t stop himself from verbally biting back while his tail twitched behind him in irritation. ”I wasn’t sneaking up on you!” he said, outraged. ”What’re you doing here, anyway, looking all crummy? You’re lucky it’s just me and I don’t mean any harm. Don’t you got a pack to recover at?” The guy smelled like Dante, so Charon presumed that he was part of Blacktail Deer Plateau, but if he was, then why wasn’t he back home ‘til he was looking a bit better?