Silvertip Mountain New Places
I'd rather die with someone than let that person die before my eyes
261 Posts
Ooc — Rain
When the leader of Ouroboros departed their conversation without answering Rain's questions, she had left the area and traveled North along the tree line of the Neverwinter Forest. The next stop she had planned was Stravenger Bay, but once she reached the base of Silvertip Mountain the scent of a pack caught her attention. "It seems there is a new pack," she informed Nishu, remembering that when they had last past this area it had been free territory. 

She immediately let out a summoning howl for the wolves of this mountain, hoping that this pack isn't hostile like Redhawk Caldera nor deadly like Blackfeather Woods. She flinched at the thought of Redhawk Caldera, her first run in with them had been a fight where she barely got away. Of course if she went with Nishu now they may fair better, but it was probably best to avoid the south east of the Teekon's. Blackfeather hadn't been as bad as Redhawk, but she had still tousled with a wolf there, who had turned out to be somewhat friendly, but before departing had warned her to stay away or she would be killed. Neither place was somewhere she would want to go back to. "
Hopefully we can complete one of our tasks with this pack," she sighed. 
The moon wears silver armor that shines brightly through the darkness.
283 Posts
Ooc — LordGir
The trip to Ouroboros was a bit disappointing, nothing interesting happend but atleast Rain was safe from dangers. Nishu had difficulty letting his guard down. He took his protective job very seriously. As a Knight his duty comes first no matter what. He trained physically almost every day when he is just on guard duty but being on a real task was still something that throws him off balance.

Along the way to Stravenger bay Rain stopped the journey. She was first to detect the presence of a pack before he did. He wanted to be the first which left the feeling that he wasn't doing his best. he had to try harder, he has to show how strong knights are in every way.

"A new pack? We should stay on guard. You never know their reason for being there but as two I don't think they'll try anything hostile." He said once she finished calling them. He then sat down sitting up straight and kept a watchful eye on their surroundings. Rain shouldn't have anything to worry about. As long as he is around she was safe and had nothing to worry about.
Alpha
762 Posts
Ooc — Andrea
A summoning howl went up and FitzDutiful thought of letting Bindi handle it. He debated the matter for a good few seconds before sending up his own reply of being there soon. They hadn't had too many visitors of late and they hadn't had to send any other packs away either. He was proud of his pack for following the guidelines that he had set. Unless the wolves are here to join or have another good reason for being at our borders - send them away.

With this thought in his mind he approached the borders, catching scent of the wolves before he saw them. Pack wolves. And not from one of the packs around here. A faint growl sounded, if they were pack wolves then they were less likely to want to join. Being from a pack that he didn't know lessened the likelihood of them having a good reason to be here...

The male and female came into sight and FitzDutiful held himself in such a way that demanded they respect him or be off. He knew this terrain and they didn't. Bonus for him. The male was bigger, heavier in weight but likely lacked the agility that FitzDutiful had. The female, also silver, had scars that told of battles she had survived. He decided he would rather they just left without a fight, but for now he came to a stop not too far away from them and waited for them to submit.
261 Posts
Ooc — Rain
A brown-eared wolf sat not far from them. Rain flicks an ear. "The last time I had passed this mountain," she started, "there was no pack here." She nodded her head to her shadow. "This is Nishu-my Knight, and I am Rain-the Outrider for The Sunspire. I've come to learn of this pack. I am also looking to speak with a healer." She kept her stance relaxed, not wanting the wolf who answered her call to think that they meant any harm. But she also did not lower her head to the stranger. He was not her alpha, nor her pack, and her pride would not allow her to submit to any wolf without a fight. 

She was grateful for Nishu's presence beside her. If anything were to happen, she felt confident that he would protect them. She smiled to herself a little at the thought. He was a welcome companion and she wouldn't want anyone else beside her. But this wolf at first glance does not seem hostile. She released an internal sigh of relief at that. With how Redhawk had greeted her with nothing but open hostility, a wolf who was willing to listen to them was a welcomed greeting. This stranger could have attacked them at first sight.
283 Posts
Ooc — LordGir
Someone had answered the call but what came to sight was something familiar. The demand of respect was easy to see. Nishu would know, he had trouble with those kinds of wolf and that would always end up in a spar. That was really the only way for a stranger to quickly gain Nishu's respects. It was the same towards Rain. She did more than proved to him she was respectable. Without her his chances of surviving would have drop to a very low chance back at the cliffs.

When Rain introduced him as her Knight he nodded in greetings. Deep inside it made him happy to hear her call him her Knight. It was exactly how he wanted to be recognized. He continued to sit up straight and not one moment did he lower his head. Even more he kept eye contact with the wolf before them. It was his way to read what they plan to do. It was easy to tell that Nishu was ready for a fight and it was clear that he would battle if he has to. The goal was to protect Rain while she completes her own task. If there was any sign of an incoming attack he wouldn't hesitate to make a move. For now he stayed quiet and lets Rain do what she came to do.
Alpha
762 Posts
Ooc — Andrea
FitzDutiful watched the events unfold and his irritation grew with each passing moment. He allowed them a good few seconds after the introduction had ended to pay respect and his internal growl grew louder and louder until it became an external growl. His hackles raised to show his unhappiness at this disrespect but he showed no sign of planning to fight them.

"You want to learn about my pack?!" he said, his voice raised. "You come to our lands, and get to talk to the alpha. You do not ask if you could talk to the healer, instead you make it sound like a right. And," A pause. "You show no respect. Silvertip Mountain wolves expect respect from outsiders at our borders. Have that as a free tidbit about this pack.". He wondered what kind of land the sunspire was, whether they would be so happy to get two wolves showing up and then offer no respect to the owner of those lands.

"I take it the sunspire would not care if two of my pack members came to your land, demanded to talk to a healer and then paid no respect to your alpha. How do you feel about the thought of the alpha of the sunspire being disrepected? Explain why you do not offer me any courtesy when you come to my lands." He would not have demanded any respect had they met in any neutral land. But this was his land, he was alpha here and he deserved the respect that the title gave. He noted the eye contact from the knight wolf - if it came to a fight, the danger was to come from that one. FitzDutiful kept his attention on Rain. He didn't want to provoke a fight but if he looked towards Nishu and averted his gaze - a sign of submission -  it would be as good as rolling over and giving them Silvertip Mountain for their own.
261 Posts
Ooc — Rain
The wolf had begun to growl at them, and then started to bark questions at them about respect. At first her own hackles raised, but as he finished speaking, she realized that he was not going to attack, but rather felt that he owed more than what they were giving to him. Rain mulled his words over in her mind for a minute and then deciding that the wolf did deserve some show of respect, she lowered her head. "Please forgive me for not willing to give respect to those who are not of my pack," she told him calmly. "I do understand that since this is your land we should have given more than we had. I had not meant to sound demanding either, but rather wanted to let you know why we are here." Rain flicks an ear at Nishu, hoping that he will follow her in lowering his head. "Nishu is not exactly a wolf of the Sunspire, but rather in a contract with me. So please for give him for following my lead."

She kept her head and eyes down as she continued to speak, "
If you will accept our forgiveness, then I would be happy to exchange news of our packs together in a friendly manner. It is not my intention to cause any problems here." She doesn't feel right keeping her head down to a wolf that she doesn't know, but to keep things calm it had to be done. "If you wish of us to leave, than we shall with no hostility." In the back of her mind she wondered how Nishu viewed her giving respect to this wolf without a fight. She believed that he would understand why, but hoped that he did not look down on her for it. His opinion of her mattered more than she had thought.
283 Posts
Ooc — LordGir
Growling? Nishu looked down on that. It was almost enough to provoke him to fight but his pride as a Knight kept him steady. Still He believed that Rain and him both showed no signs of hostility so he found those growls to be quite disrespectful. With just that small act the wolf lost all respects Nishu could have had for him . He didn't even want to look at that wolf anymore. But Rain reactly differently which cought his attention.

She bowed her head down to him? Nishu sat there for a moment trying to figure out why Rain would do that. He did find a valid reason. She was a member of a pack and was representing them so that likely had influence. Nishu did not care for such matters. Respecting a pack meant nothing to him, he was more interested in the individuals in them. 

He accepted and respected Rain's actions but Nishu himself had no reason to bow even just a little bit. He turned his eyes back towards the Alpha and simply closed his eyes. He listen carefully for any unusual noises since he wouldn't use his eyes to look anymore. Unless there was something that would involve him he would continue to sit up straight and keep his eyes closed. He did want to say something but kept quiet, it wasn't really his place to say soemthing here. It was up to Rain.
Alpha
762 Posts
Ooc — Andrea
Rain explained the situation and FitzDutiful nodded. She bowed her head to show the respect. He let her keep that for a moment, almost spitefully, as he watched her knight. He was willing to risk the encounter now that he knew one of them was being respectful as it wasn't going to be a two-against-one fight. The "knight" had closed his eyes but showed no signs of respect. FitzDutiful's growling had stopped and now he addressed Rain personally.

"Thank you for your explanation. I would have not expected any respect save that you did come and seek us out. I thank you for the respect." he made it clear in his tone that she no longer had to keep her head bowed if she didn't wish to. "Your knight, however, doesn't follow your example. I understand he is here for your protection but you are not in danger from me. I respectfully request he go over there where he can still see you but be less of a threat to me if he refuses to follow etiquette and manners."

FitzDutiful gestured with his head to the area he meant. It was such a distance that their words would be hard to grasp if the wind blew the wrong way but the line of sight was clear with no interruption. A strong wolf could make that distance in only a few leaps and bounds, he didn't doubt the knight could do that. It was enough distance for FitzDutiful to flee if things turned sour, but not enough that if he attacked first he would get away. Even if Nishu was to pay respect now FitzDutiful wouldn't continue a conversation with the danger this close. He was no longer welcome at Silvertip's borders.
261 Posts
Ooc — Rain
Nishu had only closed his eyes to the male. Rain eyed him worriedly, but understood exactly why he only showed the smallest hint of respect. Her gaze turned back to the stranger, watching for any hostility. A sigh of relief slipped through Rain's lips as the alpha accepted her words. Though she tensed back up as he requested for Nishu to move away from them. She resisted the urge to snarl, her ear twitching at Nishu. This would be his choice. She would much rather him stay by her side, but she also understands the reasons for the alpha's request. Whether or not she is in any danger from this stranger is yet to be determined. He is unknown to her, like she is unknown to him. Anything could happen. Which is exactly why he wanted Nishu away from them. Though Rain suspected that Nishu's refusal to show more than just a closing of his eyes was part of the reason the alpha did not want him around. She smiled a little at her knight's actions. How she wished that she could do the same, but she had to keep the peace between her pack and others. With this pack being new it was extremely important that they come off to a good start.
283 Posts
Ooc — LordGir
Rain did good at explaining so it might have gone perfectly but that idea changed whenl Nishu was asked to go away. At first he would have refused but then he thought of Rain's goals. Her goals are his goals so he shouldn't try making things worse. He found this to be a cowardly request. It just proves that Nishu was stronger. He wondered why that wolf as an Alpha. There was no way that it could be because of strength and bravery. Now it didn't seem like the pack here was a threat at all. It didn't seem like there was anything to worry about so for now he could leave Rain on her own.

Nishu opened his eyes and stood up then turned towards Rain. "I'll leave him to you then. Since this will be private I'll make sure no other wolves come close. Signal me if you need me."  He wasn't going to do what was requested. Instead he counted on patroling around this little area to make sure Rain and the Alpha were the only wolves here. He had faith that Rain could handle what ever goes on here. Nishu wouldn't be too far but he wouldn't be able keep an eye on her. Although he'll worry he couldn't let that stop him from doing the right action.

He didn't head to the direction he was told to go. Why would he listen to orders from someone that isn't his master? He started to walk off steadily to the direction he picked out himself which was more like following the border line of the territory. Once Nishu was far enough he would begin walking circles, guarding the two wolves inside.

-Exits unless stopped-

(ooc: unless stopped, if anyone who reads this wants to catch Nishu (or him catch someone) as he guards Rain and Fitz PM me! Then we can get a thread started about that! :P)
Alpha
762 Posts
Ooc — Andrea
Link to Nishu's thread taking place at the same time for easy reference

Rain didn't say anything. FitzDutiful noted the ear that twitched and the small smile that crossed her face. It appeared she was somewhat pleased with her knight's actions. He wasn't. His eyes stared at the so called knight and dared him to say or do something. FitzDutiful didn't doubt his pack and their loyalty. They would back him up if he requested it. They had pups to protect now.

It seemed as though Nishu was willing to leave without making too much of a scene though he only addressed Rain and still paid no respect to FitzDutiful. Fair enough. It did grate that he decided to circle them, including some of the pack's territory within that circle. With nothing more than a pull back of his muzzle to show his irritation with this act of contempt. Once the knight left, FitzDutiful put his attention on Rain.

"Your 'knight' pushes the boundaries. Literally and metaphorically." he said to her, watching as Nishu started his lap partly into the pack territory. Not long after a howl went up — Ryuu's — a howl warning that a stranger was in the territory. FitzDutiful smiled. His pack were doing him proud, intercepting the trespasser.
261 Posts
Ooc — Rain
Sorry for such a long delay. Having trouble finding time to reply to all of my character's threads :(

At Nishu's leave, Rain watched the reaction of FitzDutiful. His gaze followed her knight, his words telling her that Nishu pushed the boundaries both literally and metaphorically. She sighed, "I don't really agree with him actually dabbling into your boundaries." Her own gaze caught a glimpse of her charge as he disappeared. "I will talk with him about that later." She heard the call of a wolf, probably one of Silvertip's, and worried that he already started up trouble with this pack.

"
Shall we get started then?" She questions with a slight bow of her head. "I would like to know about your pack and if you have a healer who could aid me." She wasn't expecting too much information from the alpha. Mainly the basics: mentioning of a strong and able pack, the time of the pack's creation, maybe some background information on the founding of the pack. She would be more interested to know more about the why and the how of the pack's creation rather than how many wolves made up Silvertip and the normal going-on's of pack life. But what he voiced would be his own choosing just like what she would say about her own pack if he asked.
Alpha
762 Posts
Ooc — Andrea
Ditto ^_^

It appeared Rain wasn't fond of what her knight had done either and so FitzDutiful nodded appreciatively to her statement and then again to her question. He wasn't about to dawdle on the fact that he had gone inside the pack boundaries - especially not since he knew his pack were there and guarding already. The intense sense of pride he felt, that they would defend their land, was too much to be described.

Rain wanted to know about the pack and FitzDutiful obliged, there was nothing secretive about anything he had to say - except the state of the healer. "Unfortunately, our healer is busy at the moment and won't be able to meet with you now. You're welcome to come back later and see her though." This was providing Ryuu chose to gain the healer trade. She was making progress with the caretaker trade and he wouldn't force her to learn the healer one if it wasn't for her. Some wolves were not good with the blood and guts aspect of healing.

"As for our pack. We founded in the middle of winter, breaking off from Redhawk Caldera, in order to create a family pack for our children. Peregrine and Fox were wonderful alphas but there was a chance they would be unwilling to let myself and my mate breed - something we wanted. We set up quickly and sharply, gaining many wolves to support us. Some of those left when the spring came but we're still capable and able to support ourselves."

Was there really anything else to say? The pack's history wasn't all that exciting in truth and he wasn't going to mention the young pups waiting inside the borders to someone he didn't trust - especially not with their "knight" inside those borders. He fell silent and waited for the interview to continue, if it would.
261 Posts
Ooc — Rain
Strike two for a healer then. Rain held back a sigh, not wishing to offend the alpha in anyway. "Though I am sad to hear that she is busy, I am glad to hear that you will allow me to come back and I thank you for that." She listened as he continued to explain how the pack came about. It surprised her that they had come from Redhawk Caldera. "The last time I visited the Caldera, I was almost killed. I'm surprised that you are so friendly coming from that place. I warned my pack to keep away from their boundaries. Though I am glad that you did not bring that type of aggression with you here. If the Caldera has no allies, then they will fail in time of need."  She would have to speak with her own alpha, but she believed that her pack and Silvertip could become friendly allies. She would have to visit more often then. 

"
I thank you for speaking with me even though we started on bad terms. Was there any questions that you had yourself?" Things here were going very smoothly and Rain wanted to give FitzDutiful something in return for his kindness. She always appreciated a wolf that didn't try to sink their teeth into her on sight.
Alpha
762 Posts
Ooc — Andrea
The Caldera were violent? It was then that FitzDutiful made his mind up to head back that way and see Fox and Peregrine. It would be a long time until he did but he knew he had to. Things must have happened - they were never welcoming of those out of the pack but never openly violent either. Then again, if she had gone with her knight he couldn't really blame them.

Rain asked if he had any questions and he shook his head. He was ready for this to come to a close. He wanted that "knight" off of his lands sooner than later. "None, just the next time you come here leave your knight out of smell. He is no longer welcome here for having trespassed into our lands."

With that he turned and walked a few steps away, sitting down just out of earshot and waiting for Nishu to depart from Silvertip Mountain. He would ensure that they both left together before he headed back home.
261 Posts
Ooc — Rain
Rain nodded her head in understanding before tipping her nose up to call Nishu. She will have to have a word with him about this. To be an Outrider meant not only to gain information and trade it with other packs, but to also gain allies. She believed that Nishu will understand once explained, but she will not have him doing this again. "I am glad to have spoken with you, FitzDutiful. I hope to see you again soon," she offered in farewell. Despite the wolf's demand for respect, though he has his right to since he is an alpha, Rain liked the male. It would never do for her to bow down to him outside of his territory though, so if they ever met like that it may not end well for either of them. She is not so willing to be submissive  to others when she is not performing duties for her pack.