Kintla Flatlands This woman is my destiny
749 Posts
Ooc — Kris
Luke nodded, and he chose to hold his tongue on the subject any further. Saena understood what he was saying and he understood where she was coming from, that as often was the case, things were easier said than done. The blue-nosed wolf was, to a degree, conscientious about how much advice he gave, because he knew that many had heard the advice he would give and simply had not been able to act upon it. He did not wish to irritate anyone by preaching, but his compassion tended to compel him to speak, in hope that anything he said might be of some comfort or help.

"I always have two ears to listen," he smiled warmly, truly not minding at all that she had opened up to him. The white wolf generally saw it as a sort of compliment, that someone was secure enough in his presence that they could speak of personal matters to him.

Subject change, she wished to know how he knew Peregrine. "I ran into him at a lake one day," he replied. "I was chasing a flock of geese and he was there." Luke chuckled.
confidence, charisma, character
1,647 Posts
Ooc —
Sorry for holding this up, maybe we can fade here or in the next couple posts? We could have a newer one sometime in the future, after Saena is done healing, if you like!

"Ah," Saena said, truly at a loss for how to proceed. There wasn't much else to say on Luke's meeting with Peregrine. It was uninteresting in a way, nothing out of the ordinary. Wolves met like that all the time. It was weird to think that Peregrine still spent his time not attached to Fox's hip, that he was even permitted to keep friends outside the Caldera, since Fox had been quick to cut all ties with the Plateau upon leaving and "forcing" Peregrine to do the same... but Saena knew very little about her father's pack, and only imagined these things from her twisted opinion of his mate rather than from truth.

"Anyway," Saena said, feeling it was a natural time to end their conversation and feeling oddly cold about discussing her family any further, "it was really nice to meet you, Luke Bluenose, even though you scared me half to death." She managed to grin wryly, despite her bitter feelings, which had nothing to do with him, after all. "Maybe I'll see you around, and maybe by then, a Redtail Plateau will exist, and you'll have something new to talk about, too." It was sort of a promise and sort of a hope; she'd enjoyed his company even with talk of Peregrine, and sincerely hoped to see him again someday.
749 Posts
Ooc — Kris
No problems at all! We can fade here :)

Their chat was drawing to a close, and Luke bobbed his with a smile as she said her farewells. "I'll try not to be so sneaky next time," he winked. His smile spread into a grin as she commented that by the next time they met, Redtail Plateau might truly exist. It warmed him, even though he had only just met this female, he sincerely wished her success on her venture, and was simultaneously confiden that she would be an Alpha before too long. "I'd like that. Take care, Saena, and have fun founding Redtail Plateau!" His tail waved his final goodbye, before both wolves parted ways.