Redtail Rise A hard rains gonna fall
I can be your best friend, or your worst enemy.
154 Posts
Ooc — Shannon
Dont ask about the title. Its a song and i like it and well. Yeah. XD. @Reek 

Wynter had been getting to know her fellow pack mates this past few weeks but these past couple nights had been spent alone in the den Reek and her had together. She hadn't seen him in a while and wondered where he had gone off too. She didn't think he was still in the territory for she was sure she would have seen him. Perhaps he went on an adventure of sorts. Who knows.

Wynter stood on the ridge outside of their den, tilted her head up and let out a howl. Calling for the one she loved to come home. Soon. She admitted she missed him. Hoped he was safe and okay and that he would be back sometime soon.

She sat down looking out over the place she could finally be comfortable calling home. It was amazing here. Quite a change of scenery from the sound though. It was a lot higher in some places around here. She missed the beach. That was pretty much the only thing she missed, the endless nights she would spend laying by the huge sequoia's watching out over the ocean.
Hope is for presidents and dreams are for people who are sleeping
1,343 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
Medic
In the past week, Reek's comfortable and stable world had been flipped on it's axis.  He hadn't slept for days, instead he patrolled the territory in long shifts only to collapse into the dirt periodically when his body begged for sleep, or when Arion relieved him of his duty.  Whatever was out there was not going to get in.  The raggedy man had painstakingly made sure of it at the expense of his health.  He worried now more than ever, but most importantly, he worried about the safety his mate.

However, in his diligence to protect her from the threat of the outside world... Reek had forgotten how to be a proper husband, and a proper friend.  He spent little time in the interior of the pack lands ever since Saena had put him and Arion in charge of the pack in her absence.  Instead, his obsessive patrols around the territory kept him glued to the fringes.  His mind had settled into autopilot, tunneling him in to one single goal... keeping stability.   

Wynter's howl from the peak of the Rise snapped back into reality with a hard jerk.  Reek could feel his face flush with blood as he realized what he had done, or really what he hadn't.  He pulled himself from his work at the border and began to scale the rise to the source of his mate's calls.

He traveled quickly to her summons.  Upon reaching the den, Reek's tired and empty eyes locked with his mate's.  In the moment, words couldn't properly express the exhaustion that the raggedy wolf felt.  Stress was eating Reek alive, and Wyn didn't have the slightest clue.  "I'm so sorry," he said, nestling her face gently with his.  "I love you, and I'm here.  Always."
154 Posts
Ooc — Shannon
Wynter was sat on the ridge for what seemed like ages but couldn't have been more than 15 minutes. She stood up ready to welcome her mate back to the planet. From wherever it was he had been. As she turned though she was shocked. This wolf didn't look like the fun loving, sometimes rule breaking wolf she had become accustomed too. This wolf looked tired ragged. A couple scrapes on his muzzle, yet he still tried to muster the energy to apologize and to tell her he loved her. 

As Reek brushed up against her muzzle she gave him a lick on the cheek and brushed up against him. then turned to face him. "What's happened to you," she said looking awfully concerned looking at him over again. "Where have you been? Have you eaten?" her questions came out quickly. She meant well but she really was concerned for her mate. He didn't look okay at all. 

Wynter licked at his muzzle a couple more times. "I love you too, and I know you'll always be here. I trust you," the amber eyed fae said mustering a small smile. She would decide whether to scold or comfort the black pelted male after he told his story.
1,343 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
Medic
The floodgates opened and an outpouring of questions flowed from Wynter's mouth.  From anyone else, this sort of twenty questions treatment would have gotten a rude, snappy comeback, but his mate's loving concern made Reek's heart wrench in guilt.  The responsibilities of leadership had turned him cold.  Stress had consumed his spirit after Saena's disappearance, and the worst part was, Wynter had no idea.

Unfortunately, when it came to Reek and Arion's agreement to keep the pack in the dark about the duration of Saena's absence, it had also meant that Reek couldn't tell Wynter that something was amiss.  Everything had to proceed as normal.  The pack continued to do their day to day affairs.  But, alone, Reek panicked, but it was his cross to bear. But after awhile, keeping secrets from his mate was getting harder and harder for Reek by the day.  

"I've been here," he replied, receiving a flurry of kisses on his muzzle.  "I just haven't left the borders for days.  Saena left me with so much to do.  I just can't— I need to protect this pack.  I need to protect you."  It took a good moment for Reek to realize how outlandish his statement may have been perceived to be.  Why would anyone need protecting?  That would only imply that something was wrong.  

Reek broke.

Unlike his partner in leadership, Reek was prone to the sentimental and sappy.  Where Arion could be seen as an emotionless machine, the raggedy wolf was vulnerable and willing to wear his heart pinned to his sleeve.  Fat, salty tears began to swell inside the ducts in the corners of Reek's eyes, and for the first time in ages, he began to cry.  To break. 

"I'm falling apart Wyn..." choked Reek from behind the tears.  Like a scared child, he buried his face into the warm fur of the side of Wynter's neck.  "I haven't slept.  I haven't eaten.  It's been days."  She needed to know the reason, hiding information from his wife was tearing him apart... even if it was purely speculation.   "Something's wrong," he continued to explain.  "I don't want to lie to you.  Saena, she should have been back by now.  Something must have happened to her.  I have no idea what i'm doing Wyn... I can't lead.  I'm scared."
154 Posts
Ooc — Shannon
I need to protect you. Those words just came out of his mouth. Protect me from what? He was hiding something and Wynter was determined to figure out what. She looked him in the eye trying to read his gaze figure out what was really going on inside his head. "I understand," Wynter nodded. Something was still bugging her mate. She knew him well enough to know.

She wouldnt pry however because in his state it might annoy him if she asked too many questions. Before Wynter could open her mouth again to say anything beads of water formed on the bottoms of Reek's eyes. He was crying. Wynter stepped closer as he talked nuzzling her head right into his shoulder. In an attempt to somewhat comfort him. She listened to him talk and when he had finished she was shocked. 

Wynter knew that Saena had gone out but she wasn't sure how long it would take or where she had gone. She knew that Reek and Arion had been left in charge but other than that Wynter had been left pretty much in the dark so to speak. Wynter dashed inside the den for a brief moment and came back out with a rabbit she had found earlier. She placed it at her mate's feet then proceeded to comfort him. "You know, I'm sure everything is okay Reek. Shell be fine. Shes a strong and capable Alpha. Perhaps she is just taking a few extra days as a break. It must be hard for a young wolf to have to settle down so fast with a new pack and all.

She nosed the rabbit a little closer "You really should eat something," she said as she stood and sat right next to him her flank against his. She licked the tears away from his fur. "Please dont cry, don't cry," she said nuzzling him once more. "Everything is going to be ok," she would have said she promised but whenever she said that about stuff like this bad things sometimes happened. 

"I love you, and we are going to get through this together okay?" she said trying to form a small smile on her maw. It was hard seeing her mate so upset like this but she was determined to cheer him up. Or at least be there for him when he needed her.

The feels. Poor Reek. 
1,343 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
Medic
Sad Reek is sad :p

Getting his suspicions off of his chest to someone other than Arion was a cathartic experience, however it did little to stop the waterworks.  Truth did little to curb the exhaustion that Reek felt, nor did it fill the empty feeling that gripped at the pit of his stomach... however, it was a start.  Wynter was quick to console the bastard in his moment of vulnerability and didn't judge. No. Instead, she understood.

While Reek had already figured Wyn would be an excellent mother, when she wiped away his tears, he knew that he had lucked out, and so did his future children.  She was a natural at this sort of thing.  Her consolation began to calm Reek down, however it was only slight. The tears ended, but the worry still remained. Her reassurances about Saena's safety were only wishful thinking, but the raggedy wolf wanted to trust her and to believe his mate completely... if only for a little while.  At least for tonight he could live in ignorance and try to forget.

However, worry was a difficult thing to expel.  She pushed a rabbit closer for Reek to eat, but Reek only pushed it away with his muzzle.  As hungry as he was, he just didn't have the stomach for it.  "But what about Junior? It's all connected Wyn.  You had to have heard her outburst after I came back from Redhawk; she was practically screaming.  What if she did something stupid... and now they're coming for us?"

154 Posts
Ooc — Shannon
Wynter felt a little happier seeing that Reek had stopped crying. Meaning she had helped a little. Although he still looked worried. Something would have to be done about that. Perhaps after she cheered him up a little more they could go for a walk. He looked like he could use a break anyways. 

Wynter listened carefully as he explained how it could all be connected. "You know, you have a valid point. I did hear her out and you could be right. She might have gone after them. If she did there isnt much we can do now. Saena will find her and bring her back to the pack. Here we have to look after the other pack memebrs and make sure nothing else bad happens so that when Saena returns everything can go back to normal." she said. She wasnt sure she was helping anymore.

Then she got an idea. Maybe they should go for a walk. She smiled and stood. "Come, You look like you need a break, lets go for a walk." She sorta smiled sorta smirked. She had an idea but she wasnt sure how well it would work. With that she took off down the rocks. Hoping he would follow.

Oh the writers block. I had no clue what to type as far as huge paragraph thing. I has an idea and i know Reek is tired but im hoping hell join in anyways. It might help his mood :P Don't know whether i could use this to go for my trade. Hm.. 
1,343 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
Medic
I'm pretty sure you can use this for counselor!

Wynter's consolations certainly helped Reek feel less helpless in the situation: his mate was right.  The remaining pack members had to be the priority.  There was nothing that could be done by anyone to help the sisters at this point. Dwelling on their safety all day wasn't healthy by any standard.    

Wynter beckoned for Reek to follow down the ridge to go on a walk.  Although his body begged not to move, he knew getting his mind of the situation would  be good for a bit, so he decided to follow her down.  Whatever she had planned, he had no idea.  However, whatever she had in store for him would be better than stewing in his own worry and self doubt.

"Where to?" He asked, falling into step behind her.
154 Posts
Ooc — Shannon
I wanted to find somewhere creative but it turns out i have no clue what this place looks like. Ill ask saena when she gets back aha. Great if i can use this as a trade thread XD As you can see. I have no clue if this is a good idea or not. I couldn't think of a place to go that was beautiful other than the ridge they were already at. Since i dont know the territory too well. Wondering if it wouldve been better just to sleep XDD So unless reek has a better idea. This is what your stuck with :D XD 

Wynter smiled as she heard the tired paw steps of her mate falling in step with hers. She knew he was tired but she was playful and she figured it might cheer him up a little. If it didn't well she was going to end up making a fool out of herself and would probably hide in embarrassment someplace. "You'll see," she said as she darted giving him a playful glance. 

Darting between the trees she came to the place she wanted to be. The creek. It was the closest thing they had to any body of water as far as she was aware. there was certainly no ocean or beaches like back at the sound. She was also fairly sure there werent any hidden waterfalls around here. Wynter took a leap and landed in the water. Splashing her mate with water that sprayed up from where her paws landed. "Hehe oops" she said but not really meaning it. 

She remained unsure that what she was doing was a good idea right now, but Wynter found herself with too much energy and nothing to do with it. He was tired though. He could use rest more than he could "fun" right now. So this could be a total failure on her part.
1,343 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
Medic
Works for me! @Wynter, now that you're back, do you wanna finish this thread up? 

Edit: Slapping on a conclusion because Wynter is abandoning the thread.

He followed behind his mate in a tired lockstep all the way down the ridge and to the creek that ran though the valley.  It was no ocean, like back in Ankyra, however Reek could appreciate the sentiment that Wynter had tried to spurn. Nostalgia was a beautiful thing. Looking down at the water, the raggedy wolf couldn't help but show a weak smile for the fact that Wynter would go so far out of her way to cheer him up.  

Jumping in with a splash, Wynter showered him with droplets of water, soaking Reek as he watched from the shore. "You rascal," he chirped, shaking himself dry.  However, it was all for naught, as he jumped into the water behind her in pursuit.  "I'm surprised, I didn't think you liked the water," he added, thinking back to their time together in Ankyra Sound.  Actually, he couldn't remember a single time that she had completely submerged herself beneath the waves.

But no answer came.  Instead the two frolicked and played in the water, jumping from bank to bank like pups to only return to their den hours later for some much needed rest.