Shadowwyn Moor that blackness called night
WINTER IS COMING
215 Posts
Ooc — Will
@Citali healer thread

Raziel did not dare go too far from Bearclaw Valley, with Kove gone and the small number of members they had. But the main reason why he did not venture too far was because of Scarlett, she was hella big now and he feared she would give birth when he was gone. But the wanderlust tugged him away, and Raziel knew if he did not go, it would be there nagging him until he did. So, one day, after another round of guarding the entrance, he made sure his packmates knew when they needed to go on guard duty before leaving.

There was a sense of freedom when he left the Valley behind him, something he hadn't felt in ages, so he relished it while it lasted. Going east from Bearclaw, he arrived at a place he hadn't found before. It was a moor, a place he would soon learn the name of as Shadowwyn Moor.  Raziel found daisy leaves and dandelion, each had its own uses, marking the spot in his head, he made sure to go collect them later. 

As he explored, his eyes caught the familiar sight of Goldenrod which grew best on moorlands, it was good with healing wounds. Quickly, he raced towards it, hoping to snatch it before anyone did, if there were any wolves with medical knowledge nearby that is.
309 Posts
Ooc — Soap
She needed to find someplace closer to home for herbs. The north was difficult at best to find things. With hard soil and frosty earth, her options were limited. Traveling south? Each trek took far too long for her liking. She could not hope to protect her fellow wolves from illness or ailment if her remedies were so far away. No. She'd look elsewhere. She'd hope like hell she could find something useful. 

Traveling southeast this time, Citali found herself passing through forests and flatlands. If she found something interesting, she made note to return through a similar area so she might pick things up on her way back home. Ugh. Home. Was she calling the rise that already? She shivered at the thought.

Instead she distracted herself with her task at hand and happened upon a wolf going after goldenrod. Interesting. She hunted for it once and now it seemed all of the wilds was after the very same plant. "Interesting choice, goldenrod," she announced, tail a banner behind her as she neared the wolf. "Try not to kill anyone with it."
WINTER IS COMING
215 Posts
Ooc — Will
Raziel arrived and collected the goldenrod before anyone could snatch it, a second after those thoughts crossed his mind, a voice spoke. Standing firmly by the plant that was now his, he analyzed the girl. She was covered in various shades of brown and to him, was rather beautiful. Her eyes were a striking silvery blue that simply enhanced her features.

The Bearclaw wolf tilted his head, "A logical choice," he replied. "I fight too much for my own good." At her second statement, the Roman chuckled softly. "Don't worry," he said with an amused smirk. "I'll try my best," if this female knew of goldenrod, then that meant she was a healer, or a wolf with some medical knowledge. Concealing his curiosity behind his green eyes, he asked "Are you a healer too?"
309 Posts
Ooc — Soap
Logical!? She bristled as he continued. He fought a lot? He was using it on himself? Logic was going to get himself killed. Flawed as it was. "Well unless you're bleeding to death semi-frequently you have far better options than goldenrod. Bit extreme, don't you think?" Goldenrod was an amazing cure-all but at a price. The stuff was highly allergenic and most wolves she treated tended to develop adverse reactions to it after multiple treatments. Now she only used goldenrod for drastic measures. He seemed to suggest he was using it willy-nilly.

"Either you're a terrible fighter or you don't know shit about what you're doing. There's logic for you!" She huffed. Wolves. So many of them thought they knew what they were doing, but when it came right down to it they were a downright insult to her profession. She'd caught so many just frivolously trying this that or the other thing and hoping it worked. Him? He thought himself a healer. Ha! Hardly.

"Too?" she'd caught the subtly of that statement. He'd suggested he was something of a healer. "If what you're up to is considered within the realm of healing..? Then I'm the goddamn miracle worker." Seriously. She could do way better than that.
WINTER IS COMING
215 Posts
Ooc — Will
Technically, he was going to use it both for the pack and himself, he wasn't a selfish guy. Duty and family came first, always, and to the Roman, whoever who lived in Bearclaw Valley was as good as family. They lived together, hunted together, cared for one another, what else would they be other than family? And if one of his packmates were..bleeding to death for example, and he was also bleeding to death, most likely, Raziel would give the goldenrod to his packmate than use it on himself.

"I'm not only using it for myself, I have packmates too," he was tempted to add an annoyed 'God' to the end of the sentence but decided against it. Why waste his breath on strangers who was criticizing him on his use of plants? "Its not like I'm going to use it whenever someone's got a thorn stuck in their pad or if they have scratches," seriously, who did this woman think she was?

"Hey, I've just started actually pursuing this trade. I only have basic knowledge on healing. You could, you know, help me out instead of criticizing me all the way to Tartarus," Raziel said, a small smile touching his lips at those words. He was trying to make peace with this coarse and rude female of a healer, though only those who understood his subtle way of speaking would understand.
309 Posts
Ooc — Soap
She sighed. Every wolf. Every wolf was this way. Dabbling in healing without the proper instruction or schooling to go with it. Was there no wolf in these lands they could turn to for information on this subject? If there was, she had yet to find them and could only hope they were more patient of an instructor than she. She'd lost too much breath with explanations as of late.

"Goldenrod is best reserved for extreme cases only. It works wonders, but is also very easy to develop allergies towards. Use it too often, and you'll be fighting off an allergic reaction on top of whatever you were treating in the first place. Toothache? Fine, chew it's petals, but no more. Open wounds? Only if it's the only thing left in your stores and it's an absolute emergency."

She was adamant in this. This first rule of healing was "do no harm" and unfortunately too many inexperienced wolves did exactly that because of their inexperience. "What exactly are you trying to accomplish?" she asked, wondering why he was collecting such an herb to begin with. "What ailment are you trying to treat?"
WINTER IS COMING
215 Posts
Ooc — Will
Raziel cocked his head and gazed at Citali calmly as she talked about Goldenrod, saying it was best reserved for extreme cases only as it was very easy for wolves to develop allergies towards it. If someone used it too often then they would be fighting off an allergic reaction along with whatever he was treating in first place. She talked about some uses for Goldenrod and which was the best way to use it, damn, she was hella smart. And a good teacher despite her coarse speech, she reminded him of his first love.

Angrily, the Roman shoved away those thoughts and turned his attention back to the brown wolf. "You know a lot," he said quietly. "You must be experienced in this field." He did not answer her questions for a moment, shaking away all the bad memories that suddenly kept flooding into his head. Of all times.....the Fates were really enjoying playing with him weren't they? Oh...they loved playing with all the death angels didn't they?

"Wounds," he replied.
309 Posts
Ooc — Soap
She wasn't quite sure what to expect from him in response, but his quick compliments certainly warmed her affections towards herself. She found herself beaming. Of course she knew a lot. She was well educated and passionate about one subject alone. Healing. She lived and breathed for it. Her life was dedicated to research and learning and saving as many lives as possible. So when she saw a wolf pretending to know what they were doing, she took offense. She didn't need those who didn't know what they were doing marring the reputations of those who did.

"I do," she affirmed. Her voice was a touch warmer now, though it still held her natural haughty tones within it. "I am." It was her passion. She was a terrible hunter, tracker, and everything else that came most natural to a wolf, but healing? That she could do and she could do it very, very well. Her mind was filled with all sorts of information about cures and remedies. She knew of the plants where she came from and was slowly learning more about the flora here. Give her any amount of time and she'd be an expert too here. She'd see to it herself.

He spoke one word more. Citali lifted a brow at him. "Wounds?" she repeated. That was a vast and general subject that could be broken down into a number of many different things. "What type of wound? Blisters? Scraps and scratches? More serious types?" Each required their own set of miracles. There was no mystical cure all to heal them all.
WINTER IS COMING
215 Posts
Ooc — Will
sorry for the late reply @Citali

A smile spread across Raziel's usually stoic countenance when Citali unexpectedly grinned when he complimented her. He noted that her voice was no longer as harsh and cold as it had been before, his compliments must have pleased her. She must be one of those wolves who practically lived on being praised by others, it wasn't bad but it wasn't good either. At least she had a right to being this way; her knowledge of healing was really extensive, whoever who had her in a pack should be glad.

When she asked him what type of wounds he wanted to use goldenrod for, he just managed to keep himself from shrugging, knowing that she probably wouldn't appreciate that. Instead, he shifted his weight between his paws. "Serious types," he replied with a birdlike cant of his head, eyes drifting to take in his surroundings for a brief moment before they alighted on the brown furred she-wolf once more. Soon, he would have to go home, but he supposed talking with an experienced healer couldn't hurt.
309 Posts
Ooc — Soap
No worries! Thanks for getting one in. @Raziel should we wrap this up soon?

Her questions asked, she waited for him to supply more detail as to what exactly he wished to know. Serious types. Her ears drooped. "Serious types require serious consideration and a serious amount of skill." Each ailment was different. Each had their own series of treatments and procedures that would be required to tend to more extravagant afflictions. "There's no one cure-all, depending upon the particular wound."

Which reminded her... "If any wolf advises goldenrod, be weary of them. They're likely inexperienced and looking for a miracle. It can be highly allergic towards both the healer and the afflicted and will likely only make matters worse." Would it be fine in the beginning? Possibly. But extensive use could prove dangerous. "Instead treat the wounds one step at a time. Stop the bleeding. Reduce the swelling. Combat infection. Boost the body's immune system so it might better heal itself and further fend off any infection." This was all very... high level.

"The herbs you use will depend upon your location." Each area held something that could be used, it was just a matter of learning what was available. "Here? I'd suggest oak leaves for bleeding and infection. Nettle leaves to reduce swelling." She thought back for a moment before a sigh fled her lips. "There's really only so much that can be done before it's up to the wolf to do the rest. The body can do amazing things if we'd let it."
WINTER IS COMING
215 Posts
Ooc — Will
Two more rounds? (including this one) 

He answered, and she spoke. Velvety silver ears pricked, listening intently to what the more experienced healer had to say. Normally, he would never have stayed this long around a stranger to hear them speak; he had more important duties to do back in Bearclaw Valley. But this time, Raziel stayed. For what reason? She was an experienced medic and he was an apprentice healer, her words would help him in the future. What if she was a fake? The silver Roman didn't think she was; a fake would not be able to supply so much information and look so convinced that what they were saying was true. He had always been an expert and checking if one was lying or telling the truth, and right now, he knew she was telling the truth, genuinely coaching him on how to treat these kinds of wounds.

Raziel's silver crown dipped in a nod as the brown furred wolf told him to be wary of those who advised the use of goldenrod, that they were most likely inexperienced and were looking for a miracle. Truth to be told, the greyscale man never knew that wolves could be allergic to goldenrod so he was glad that he'd met this skilled medic or he might have given an injured wolf goldenrod, meaning well just to have it backfire. Thank the gods that hadn't happened yet.

A smile graced his weathered features when she finished speaking. "Thanks," he said quietly and sincerely, "I've learnt a lot." He glanced around, then towards the direction of Bearclaw Valley and smiled apologetically at the brown furred female. "I've got to go. My name's Raziel, by the way. What's yours?"
309 Posts
Ooc — Soap
Works for me!

She finished her spiel on healing and looked to him. She'd rattled off quite a bit of information and could only hope he would retain it. So many wolves found the art of healing to be appealing. So many didn't have the patience or talent to realize there was more to mending wolves than slapping a leaf on a flesh wound. Her occupation was certainly not for amateurs, but rather for those with drive and passion.

"Mm," she murmured. Of course he'd learned a lot. She was a fount of information and knowledge first taught by experts and further expanded by personal studies over the years of her existence. Why, a few quick words and she hadn't touched the tip of the iceberg with her wealth of information.

Nevertheless, it seemed he had to depart. She shrugged, unbothered. Other wolves had places to be and she had a mental inventory to stock. "Citali," she offered in return as he'd given his name. Glancing to him, her gaze lingered. Hadn't he said he had some other place to be?
WINTER IS COMING
215 Posts
Ooc — Will
last post

Raziel's silver crown dipped into a respectful nod as the brown furred female introduced herself as Citali. Citali. He would remember that name. Not for any specific reason other than the fact that she knew a lot of herbs and had taught him much; mostly it was because he found it useful to remember the names of lone wolves should the Fates find it fit to place them in his path once more; or, place him in their path. He liked making good first impressions but second impressions were just as useful.

"See you," he offered the female, saluting briefly before turning around and making his way back to Bearclaw Valley which was currently both his prison and his home. Gods know what tied him to that godforsaken land. Shaking his head to clear the disturbing thoughts, he trudged west, his stance and posture as regal as ever. Raziel might not lead these lone wolves, but acting the role of royalty was something that had always and forever be in him.
309 Posts
Ooc — Soap
Thanks! I'll archive this.

With names exchanged it seemed they were both to be off and about the rest of their own business. He nodded, almost as if to thank her for something so simple as a name before he dismissed himself and slipped off to wherever it was he wished to be. Somewhere. Anywhere else. She did not know, nor care as she had other place to be herself.

Kind of.

She was currently in the process of keeping herself busy which meant – Oh right. Where was she? That's right, scouting for herbs and adding them to her mental inventory since she didn't have the means for a permanent stash or any good way to dry them for later storage. Back to memorizing the terrain.

-fade thread-