Ravenshook Cliffs [m] uulikuvsuaqtuaq
Moontide
NPC
70 Posts
Ooc — Twin
All Welcome 

Mature Content Warning

This thread has been marked as mature. By reading and/or participating in this thread, you acknowledge that you are of age or have permission from your parents to do so.

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: suicidal ideation, delulu, it's red leaf y'all already know

@Cen!
her throat burns with the weight of her endless shouts. she'd done everything; wandered the woods until her feet ached, howled at the top of her lungs in the hopes that he may hear it from wherever he was and now, dehydrated and only half-lucid, the mother wandered just a bit too far from moontide.
her son's words, pressing down on her lungs; bring aapa back.
her roaming led her to tall granite cliffs, the tree cover breaking away into an endless sea which roared back at her. it foamed angrily, as if it was shaking a fist at her.
burning blood, garbled shouts, salt in her lungs.
why should i leave you alive?
why should i keep you, hmm?
tell me now!

cen, her knees buckle beneath her, chest tightening and seizing as a wave of snarling panic lurches up from her very core. oh, cen;
crawling like a wounded animal, pathetic; bony cheek pressed against the wet rock, sun beating down upon her shoulders. seagulls crow above her head, and she imagines them picking at her viscera.
was it worth it to have come this far? she had fought so hard all for the sake of her son, but what if the illness had simply taken her? if she rid the world of her now, would ghelan remember her face once he was grown? would he ever forgive her?
why wasn't it ever enough?
But inside me, there is a light…
120 Posts
Ooc — Mantra
Hope you don't mind me sliding in here, Twin!

Life had never been so full of color, so blindingly dazzling and bursting with a honeyed energy that visibly poured from the Mackenzie's amber eyes. This was the farthest he'd wandered from Moontide since the birth of his brood, and the new father had one thing on his mind - bringing a nourishing meal back to his beloved wife. His steps were light, and he had to remind himself of the task at hand lest he begin humming a jaunty little tune and spook any game.

An enticing scent greeted his eager nostrils, mingling with the heavenly aroma of briny sea air, and a toothy grin formed on 'Mac's maw. He lifted his nose, trying to discern the direction from which it came, before a wail met his ears that had every strand of fur standing on end. He'd been traversing through the woods surrounding the plateau, and the cries seemed to be coming from the north - in the direction of the cliffs.

Sumac's heart leapt from his chest, thrumming mightily as his large paws propelled him forward. He couldn't make out what was being screamed, but the tone was pleading, pained, hoarse... clearly distraught. Then, just as suddenly as the cries began, they hauntingly silenced. 'Mac's blood ran cold. It was easy for his mind to come to catastrophe: someone in distress, in the direction of the cliffs? Mother Moon above...

He came skidding to a halt, debris spraying from his paws as his ears pricked up, eyes scanning, searching. Someone was here - where were they? Why did they stop calling?

He moved. He didn't care where, but his feet moved him forward.

It was by sheer chance that he came to the edge of the woods, barely registering the pale figure laying in a crumpled heap by the cliffs' edge. 'Mac's mouth formed an "O", pupils dilating and ears erect - Oh no, no, no!

"Hello!" He called, moving carefully in that direction. One false move on his part could prove fatal... "A-are you okay? D-do you need help? Hey, there!"
…Even in the darkest night