Redtail Rise Never a diva but occasionally a real dick
95 Posts
Ooc —
Ugh, that's the worst. I think he and Arion can still goof off together. ;)

Reek, as always, was prompt. When he ranged into view, Smash's heart leaped into her throat. I don't wanna do this! she thought to herself, her eyes dropping as the Beta came closer. She knew he knew right away that something was the matter. The usually loud and upbeat she-wolf probably looked like someone had slapped her in the damn mouth. Someone had: her name was Reality. Or maybe Mother Nature.

"Yo, thanks for coming so quickly." Smash paused, then managed a weak smile. "That's what she said, right?" She snorted quietly, looking down at her paws a moment before raising them to Reek's face. "I'm sure I don't have to tell you I don't have good news. It's not many that get to see me out of sorts; do you feel lucky?" she quipped a bit heartlessly, her smile faltering and then disappearing. Her face felt alien to her, so she could only guess how weird it was for Reek to see her like this.

"I'll cut right to the chase: I'm, um, leaving the Rise. It has nothing to do with any of you!" she insisted hastily, voice raising. "You guys are great. I, uh..." Smash's usually silver tongue seemed too thick today. Her made-up story about lady probs flew right out of her head. Instead, she shrugged lightly and gave a half-truth: "I met someone, a vagrant. I think I'm gonna run away with him." Considering her condition, he could probably guess what came after that. Little did he know she had already skipped a few steps.

A pregnant (gulp) pause followed this confession and Smash sighed, "I'm really gonna miss your face, Reek. It's the best face I've ever faced." She somehow managed another quivering smile for the one, the only, grand poobah. "And you're gonna be a great father... a much better one than me." Ah, so she could inject humor even into the most bittersweet of situations.
Messages In This Thread
Never a diva but occasionally a real dick - by Smash - June 13, 2015, 02:34 PM
RE: Never a diva but occasionally a real dick - by Smash - June 13, 2015, 03:49 PM