Redtail Rise Never a diva but occasionally a real dick
Hope is for presidents and dreams are for people who are sleeping
1,343 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
Medic
Responding on my phone because I just couldn't resist.

Reek attempted to force a smile at her initial joke, however nothing came but a rather toothy grimace.  "You know, it's only funny if I say it," he said, barely keeping it together.  His voice shook, creaked, and croaked like settling house in a storm. His foundation had cracked and splintered.  "That's just how the set up works, you know that Smash. So... phrasing."  Although humor tended to be Reek's first defence mechanism, the jokes did little to aid the empty feeling that had taken hold in the pit of Reek's stomach.  So, on to step two.

Denial.  Although he knew exactly what was coming, phrasing, he chose to deny until the words finally came.  I'm leaving.  His thoughts briefly flashed to his mate who he hadn't seen in weeks, she had left too.  At least Smash had the decency to say goodbye.  But, in a way, that just made the whole ordeal harder.  Being forced to confront the permanent was always worse than being thrust into the situation.  Goodbyes were way too hard. "I don't feel lucky."  More like the complete opposite.

"So, you're just gonna leave me too?"  He asked, trying, and failing, to hide the pain in his voice.  Wyn's absence and now this had come as a one two punch right to the emotions. But if she had found someone, who was he to stop her?
Messages In This Thread
Never a diva but occasionally a real dick - by Smash - June 13, 2015, 02:34 PM
RE: Never a diva but occasionally a real dick - by Reek - June 13, 2015, 04:48 PM