Redtail Rise Never a diva but occasionally a real dick
Hope is for presidents and dreams are for people who are sleeping
1,343 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
Medic
How fitting.  Junior got his 100th, and now Smash gets his 200th.

Reek's shoulders slumped even further in disappointment and he hung his head with a ragged sigh.  As hard as he tried to make her stay, she remained adamant in her decision to leave.  He had already lost too much, there was no way he would let his friend slip though his paws so easily. It had already happened with Pants. His visits were infrequent, but at least Reek knew where where his friend hung his head.  Redhawk Caldera wasn't the friendliest bunch, but he knew he was safe. Smash, on the other hand was just venturing out into the wild, likely to never be seen again.  He had become far too invested to just let her walk.

She didn't follow what Reek had tried to imply.  Who else?  The list of those that had simply left was a long one.  His mother (death counts), Caiaphas, Pantaleimon, and now Wynter, whom he hadn't seen since the pack meeting.  "Wyn," he whispered in resignation, tone dripping with heartache.  Wherever she had gone had been a mystery to Reek, but she had left without a word.  "I haven't seen her since Saena came back.  I think she got scared, ran off.  Maybe she didn't want to start a family."  A whole score of doubts shot through Reek's head. Wherever she had gone, he only hoped that she was safe.

He took a few steps forward and touched his muzzle to Smash's neck.  "I won't lose you too,"  he whined weakly. Reek felt selfish for wanting her to stay put, but with his world crashing down around him, he didn't know what else to do.  His once stable house of brick turned out to be a hovel of cards and the wind had begun to blow.  "Don't go," he whispered.
Messages In This Thread
Never a diva but occasionally a real dick - by Smash - June 13, 2015, 02:34 PM
RE: Never a diva but occasionally a real dick - by Reek - June 13, 2015, 10:48 PM