Redtail Rise Never a diva but occasionally a real dick
95 Posts
Ooc —
Congrats! :)

Smash's ears pinned backward when he said his mate's name and for a moment the normally verbose she-wolf was struck dumb with surprise. Of course, his pleading was working on her. However, she knew she couldn't stay in the end, no matter how much Reek's begging affected her. Even though it appeared the Rise's one hope for a litter had walked off with Wynter, that did not make any difference for Smash's potential puppies. They were bastards, conceived with a vagrant without the leaders' knowledge or permission. She would not risk their lives or her own by revealing her possible pregnancy, nor would she put the burden of that knowledge on Saena or Reek in the first place.

"I'm so sorry, Reek. I didn't know," Smash whispered. Have you looked for her? she wanted to ask but she didn't dare. Of course he had probably looked for her. "The Rise has been so quiet lately... I haven't seen anyone but you and Arion. I didn't realize..." It made her feel even worse, knowing she might be the straw that broke the camel's back, if everyone else was disappearing too. But it changed exactly nothing and there was nothing she could do.

"I'll come back and visit, I promise. I could never forget you, Reek. You're a grand poobah, for crying out loud." Smash paused. "I'll keep an eye out for Wynter out there. I'm sure she'll turn up. If she was good enough to land you as her husband, she's quality people. She wouldn't just walk out on you, not when the two of you just got the green light to start your family!" she said emphatically. "It just doesn't make sense. She'll be back, I know it," she finished with her much more typically positive tone.

But then she lapsed into a long silence before saying, "I'm so sorry, Reek," again. "The Rise and me, we just weren't meant to be, I'm afraid. But I probably won't go too far and I'll come see you again someday. Cross my heart." And she did: she made an X symbol in the air over her sturdy brown chest.
Messages In This Thread
Never a diva but occasionally a real dick - by Smash - June 13, 2015, 02:34 PM
RE: Never a diva but occasionally a real dick - by Smash - June 13, 2015, 11:00 PM