Frostfire Ridge black hole in the sky
the serpent king
281 Posts
Ooc —
Though the desire to tell her that the memory might be manipulated by her solid belief that he'd actually abandoned them (he, however, was quite skeptical) that she was twisting it to fit her belief, though through some small (or perhaps large) miracle the serpent king stilled his tongue. Arguing with her would do no good. It had taken a small and unfortunate measure of time for him to realize that but now that he understood it, he hoped that it might make his life a little bit more smoother. β€œI didn't say you made anything up,” He interjected softly, giving his head a shake. β€œI only said that it's hard for me to believe given how loyal I was and still am, to Tuwawi. To Duskfire Glacier.” His absolute refusal to leave the Wilds was evidence enough that he didn't just β€œabandon”. This stubborn thought kept rooted inside Tezcacoatl's skull, refusing to budge even when she rebuked him with her memories, even when she told him he just abandoned them. Manauia hadn't said that he'd abandoned them, though she hadn't been overly detailed in the rare times in which he'd inquired. β€œDo you really think that is the kind of heart that Quetzalcoalt has?” He frowned, raising his brow at her. Indeed, Tezcacoatl had a very hard time picturing the mother that had literally risked everything to give him a position better than slave in a supremacist pack would truly dispel those who took the brunt of another's mistake. β€œI know I do not remember her, but if she fought so hard for me, when I am nothing to the Amazon women β€” or supposed to be nothing,” He corrected himself, in case she take offense to that, too. β€œI can't fathom that she would let all of you take the brunt of the consequences around my choice.”

But, what did he know? Nothing.

β€œGo back? I tried before I returned to these Wilds and I couldn't do it. I may not remember her but I couldn't waltz up to her, look her in the eyes and tell her that not only did I no longer remember her, or the love I must have felt for her at one point, but that I was never going to return.” Somethings were better left untouched, and it wasn't as if what he had to tell her would give Quetzalcoatl any closure. It was better this way. Better that she just ...forgot about him. His life had not worked out how it had been planned for him, in any scenario, but it was working out for him in the unexpected ways; and there was no way to change the past even if he'd have wanted to. The only thing they could do was put their demons to rest and turn their eyes to the horizon and what the future held in store for them.

A low snarl left the serpent king's lips, parted and lifted to reveal his sharp canines at her words, a warning. Nochtli's words were sharp, painting him as he'd feared he'd be: a terrible leader. Whether they (or she) thought he was ill fit to lead or not didn't matter. He still wasn't leaving. β€œI never presumed myself to be a great king. Only a King,” He was not so arrogant like Ragnar. β€œIt is all I remember, and you haven't told me that you felt any different than any of the others. I can't read your mind Nochtli, you have to communicate with me.” Until proven otherwise they were snakes just like Xiuhcoatl. β€œIt is how you, and I, were raised. It was what the Vikings thought of Coatl's Rise. I am sorry for grouping you with them and for offending you, but I don't remember you, Nochtli. Any of you, and when I have nothing but assumptions to go off of, even if it isn't right, it's what I go off of.” 

β€œI was wrong, and I'm glad that you don't feel the same as they do.” Aside from that, he wasn't what sure what else he could do. He'd said sorry, several times in fact. If she accepted it, or continued to be angry at him, well that choice was her's to make.
he came and stole the wild
a crime so old as the sky and bone
Messages In This Thread
black hole in the sky - by Tezcacoatl - June 20, 2015, 01:19 PM
RE: black hole in the sky - by Nochtli - June 20, 2015, 01:29 PM
RE: black hole in the sky - by Tezcacoatl - June 20, 2015, 01:55 PM
RE: black hole in the sky - by Nochtli - June 20, 2015, 02:06 PM
RE: black hole in the sky - by Tezcacoatl - June 20, 2015, 02:18 PM
RE: black hole in the sky - by Nochtli - June 20, 2015, 02:46 PM
RE: black hole in the sky - by Tezcacoatl - June 20, 2015, 07:14 PM
RE: black hole in the sky - by Nochtli - June 24, 2015, 10:24 PM
RE: black hole in the sky - by Tezcacoatl - June 26, 2015, 03:32 PM