Frostfire Ridge black hole in the sky
the serpent king
281 Posts
Ooc —
I'm really sad to see you and Nochtli go! :c But if you keep her in game I'll definitely stalk her threads. ;-) <3 I left this open, you can either archive it as is or post once more, it doesn't matter to me. c:

Perhaps, Quetzalcoatl couldn't control how her Amazon's felt in regards to the Gladiators she had kept; even the Queen herself had disagreed with the elitist hierarchy she'd ruled, but to speak out against it was treason. It meant death; but none of the women had been held there against their will, except for Quetzalcoatl. A memory pierced through the barrier that kept the full of Tezcacoatl's memories at bay, causing a sharp ache to resound at the base of his skull as it broke through. It was an early childhood memory: cold if because snow had blanketed the ground as they — he and Quetzalcoatl — had walked across the borders of Coatl's Rise, speaking in hushed tones. He remembered asking his mother why, if she didn't agree, she hadn't left. Surely there were other places for her, for them, that they could see her dream: of a unified Amazon culture where the men were equal to their women counterparts come to reality; and Quetzalcoatl responding that she couldn't. She was a Coatl and to bear the name was to bear a great burden and an awful responsibility, which was why she had nicknamed him 'Tezca'. Quetzalcoatl could never leave the Rise (aside from temporarily) until the day she died, or was killed in battle. 

Nochtli hadn't been chained there like Quetzalcoatl had been (was?) and this begged the question, “If you didn't like it then why didn't you leave?” As she was so ready to do to him. It was the same thing: abandoning her mission, betraying him. Perhaps it wasn't a betrayal, but it sure felt like a knife had been shoved into his back. It hurt more than Tezcacoatl cared to admit, that he had once thought of her as family, he remembered, had once counted upon the entire garrison as his right hand's only to have Nochtli throw his blind trust in her back in his face. “That is not my name.” He growled lowly, bearing his teeth at the ebony amazon. Again, there she was throwing things that were wildly out of his control back into his face. Everything was spiraling out of his control and he was helpless to stop it. He'd apologized, endlessly, but she had seemed to hear what she had wanted to hear and nothing else. He'd only been trying to explain himself, but she had taken it all wrong.

“Then you understand what this means,” It held heavy ramifications all around. She might not be allowed to return to Frostfire Ridge, but furthermore she could never return to Coatl's Rise. Quetzalcoatl would never accept an Amazon back that had abandoned their mission: him. “It marks you as a traitor, in the eyes of your queen,” And in my eyes, too. “When you leave these borders, you know that if you ever come near them again I will kill you.” Or at least try, though it had been a lot easier than he'd thought it'd been: taking someone's life you'd once cared about (and that thought scared him). “I trusted you the most, Nochtli,” He whispered, knowing she could hear him even as she backed away from him, feeling like she was ripping a chunk of his heart out. Tezcacoatl had loved her, in a way, as a sister for he'd never had siblings of his own. The Garrison had been his family and to watch them walk away was hard, to pass the judgment was harder still. He bore the burden heavily, not something that he took lightly; but it could be no other way. He wouldn't beg her to stay because if she was truly happy walking away from him and her sisters then he had no right to bother to try. “May you find happiness where your path takes you.” Their parting was not on good terms in the least but his words were sincere. “I am truly sorry that it has come to this.” But, it was how it had to be and so long as she didn't force his paw by coming near the Ridge then he would let her alone. The same couldn't be said for whom he assumed to be the true culprit to this change (her male friend) for the suspicion was there in the back of his mind, awoken with her constant will to battle his words with every twist and turn, but he wished Nochtli, herself, no ill will.
he came and stole the wild
a crime so old as the sky and bone
Messages In This Thread
black hole in the sky - by Tezcacoatl - June 20, 2015, 01:19 PM
RE: black hole in the sky - by Nochtli - June 20, 2015, 01:29 PM
RE: black hole in the sky - by Tezcacoatl - June 20, 2015, 01:55 PM
RE: black hole in the sky - by Nochtli - June 20, 2015, 02:06 PM
RE: black hole in the sky - by Tezcacoatl - June 20, 2015, 02:18 PM
RE: black hole in the sky - by Nochtli - June 20, 2015, 02:46 PM
RE: black hole in the sky - by Tezcacoatl - June 20, 2015, 07:14 PM
RE: black hole in the sky - by Nochtli - June 24, 2015, 10:24 PM
RE: black hole in the sky - by Tezcacoatl - June 26, 2015, 03:32 PM