Greatwater Lake Sawyer, you're going out a youngster
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
When the pretty she-wolf spoke, Wildfire stood and began to move closer, walking slowly around the curving shoreline. She took a seat again perhaps three yards from the stranger, even as she mentioned visiting Wildfire once. The youngster blinked, though as her new acquaintance gave details, the timeline sort of clicked in her head. This must have happened when she was very, very young, prior to Junior's visit. Otherwise, she never would have been allowed to visit with anyone at the caldera, much less the young puppies at the time.

She took a breath as she tried to decide what to say in response to the acidic comment about her mother. Of course, she felt defensive of Fox; she had been a wonderful mother to her. But Wildfire already knew she didn't entirely share in her parents' beliefs about outsiders, particularly northerners. They could be decent, as Dante and others had proved. Wildfire would always put her pack and family first, of course, but she also wanted to get away, see the world, even make friends (social anxiety aside). It was tough trying to strike a balance but she really wanted to try. She was growing up, after all, and had a mind of her own.

"My parents do not tolerate outsiders, after my half-sister tried to kill me," Wildfire stated slowly. If she arched her throat, she could even show off her scars, yet she felt no need. "They also believe everyone from the north a hostile enemy, but... I know they're not a hundred percent right about that." It felt sort of traitorous to say that, just like it felt kind of crafty to sneak away like she had, but she was becoming her own person, dammit. And she was an Outrider.

Once she was able to bite back some of these thoughts and feelings, she squared her shoulders somewhat and said, "I'm Wildfire." Not often did she give her real first name outright, though this wolf had already been told at some point. "Who're you?" And would she explain her relationship with Wildfire's parents? And why she had been formerly selected to tutor young Wildfire? She was very curious about these things, though didn't ask, hoping instead that the indigo-eyed she-wolf would volunteer the information herself.
Messages In This Thread
Sawyer, you're going out a youngster - by Wildfire - August 10, 2015, 11:36 AM
RE: Sawyer, you're going out a youngster - by Saēna - August 10, 2015, 12:08 PM
RE: Sawyer, you're going out a youngster - by Wildfire - August 10, 2015, 12:20 PM
RE: Sawyer, you're going out a youngster - by Saēna - August 10, 2015, 12:39 PM
RE: Sawyer, you're going out a youngster - by Wildfire - August 10, 2015, 12:51 PM
RE: Sawyer, you're going out a youngster - by Saēna - August 10, 2015, 01:08 PM
RE: Sawyer, you're going out a youngster - by Wildfire - August 10, 2015, 01:23 PM
RE: Sawyer, you're going out a youngster - by Saēna - August 10, 2015, 01:43 PM
RE: Sawyer, you're going out a youngster - by Wildfire - August 10, 2015, 02:00 PM
RE: Sawyer, you're going out a youngster - by Saēna - August 10, 2015, 02:17 PM
RE: Sawyer, you're going out a youngster - by Wildfire - August 10, 2015, 04:16 PM
RE: Sawyer, you're going out a youngster - by Saēna - August 10, 2015, 06:24 PM
RE: Sawyer, you're going out a youngster - by Wildfire - August 10, 2015, 06:40 PM