Phoenix Maplewood Come say goodbye
you are loved, you are loved more than you know
354 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
Her eyes took a moment to adjust to the darkness, but her ears worked as well as they had in the light. The sound of her name tightened her chest, but it was the pained distortion of her mother's voice that struck her of the reality they faced. She couldn't return the feigned smile offered by the man at mama's side. There was sympathy there, but as for hope, she found none.

She slipped forward when the man retired to the wall of the den, where the scent of herbs flowed stronger from. The fox at mama's paws received only a passing glance and a rumble from Nanook's stomach. She couldn't remember the last time she'd eaten well. Anxiety had knotted her hunger away, and with her mama torn before her now, food was last on the child's mind.

There'd been a time she'd seen mama sad, after the sky had taken Leo back. Despite her protests, Mama had scooped her up and held her tight, and her sadness had stopped. Nanook was too big for that now, and she froze before she touched her mother, wanting to reach out, but afraid she would hurt her. Her frustration came as a soft whine and she hunched down to kiss her mother's face.

"You have to eat," was all she managed to whisper. The scent of herbs grew stronger, and the man's presence returned, but Nanook kept her eyes averted to her paws and the solid ground beneath her.
with every heartbeat I have left
I will defend your every breath, I promise
I'll do better
Messages In This Thread
Come say goodbye - by Scarlett - January 06, 2016, 07:37 AM
RE: Come say goodbye - by Reek - January 08, 2016, 04:15 PM
RE: Come say goodbye - by Nanook - January 08, 2016, 04:37 PM
RE: Come say goodbye - by Scarlett - January 09, 2016, 07:21 AM
RE: Come say goodbye - by Reek - January 09, 2016, 01:04 PM
RE: Come say goodbye - by Nanook - January 17, 2016, 04:54 PM
RE: Come say goodbye - by Scarlett - January 17, 2016, 05:41 PM
RE: Come say goodbye - by Reek - January 18, 2016, 10:54 AM