Moonspear Idle hands
ásabragr
641 Posts
Ooc — torvi
Guardian
The truth was that Tev didn't look for her to have the answers and he hadn't told her because he wanted her to solve his problems. He knew they were his to work through and try to fix on his own; and he'd been trying to fix things with Charon and despite the charged atmosphere they had when around each other (likely due to the fact that they seemed to be similar even if Tev didn't want to think that) he had thought that they'd been ...doing okish. But he didn't have any other example of Charon to draw from that wasn't personal and thus Tev had taken Floki's promotion as he had. Like Charon was doing it to be an ass to him. There was a small measure of cooling relief to the heat his anger had generated when Wildfire clarified that what he told her, what he admitted too didn't make her want to not speak to him anymore. He hadn't realized how tight he'd been holding it all inside him, coiled tight like a spring that was on the very brink of snapping in two until it was all out in the air. His chest felt ...lighter even if he knew it wouldn't quit feeling heavy until he apologized to Floki. He told himself he would apologize ...eventually. He wasn't really mad at Floki, Floki just happened to get something that Tev really wanted and knotted into the cross hairs of him and Charon's never ending bickering. 

“I know that,” Tev mumbled in a soft sigh in agreement, ears slicking back to his skull. Wildfire's thoughts were helpful, aiding him at finding direction when he felt lost in his own mind, in his own opinions and assumptions. “The truth of it is, I'm too...I don't know. Independent, or opinionated or something for Charon. I don't think we'll ever be able to see eye to eye and as long as that doesn't happen he will never even consider me for the open Beta spot.” Tev knew this, and in some ways accepted it. Of course, there was a way around that: a direct challenge for Charon's own rank. It would be risky, but it was how Ragnar had won the helm of the Cove, Thistle had told him. Perhaps, the issue also lay within the fact that hearing stories about his deceased father made him bold. Gave him something to connect too. Hearing that Ragnar did things, felt the same way, made the legend ...relatable to Tev, like if Ragnar had done it ...then so could he. For ambitious as Tevinter was on his own this was not a good thing for him (at least not now). In truth, Tev couldn't really blame Charon for this ...would the roles had been reversed Tev would not have let someone lead that held that kind of passionate ambition....it was a threat. If he earned the spot of Beta ...there was nothing stopping him from earning the spot of Alpha next.

“I know it's something you have to earn. I know. You have to earn the trust and loyalty of your future followers and co-leaders. I don't want anything I didn't earn, but,” He paused and licked his lips once. “I guess the real issue here is my wounded pride and jealousy.” Tev was the only one holding himself back (and he knew it), but he wasn't going to kiss Charon (or anyone's) butt and pretend to be someone he wasn't just because it led to the path of success. “Ha,” Tev inhaled deeply and let it out. “Guess I'm pretty messed up right now, huh?” He jested at his own expense, cracking a goofy grin at her, only to have his grin morph and sort of freeze when he felt Wildfire's tongue graze against his cheek. For a second, Tev held his breath, secretly relishing in the small gesture, all the more tempted by the fact that it was probably forbidden (because he made assumptions about Wifi and Floki). Inspired by the moment, he moved his muzzle so that, if she didn't withdraw it might brush lightly against her own.

“Thanks for uh, listening to me being the world's most selfish shit ever.” He cleared his throat, wondering why there was a lingering feeling of heat in his cheeks. And to distract himself inquired, “so enough about me, you want to uhm, patrol or go explore, er or something?” Because suddenly the cool, suave Kjalarr was feeling too nervous for his own liking.

please send all PM's to kivaluk

1/3 threads
you still wonder if you're
a ferocious beast or a saint
but you're neither because
you're infinitely more —

Messages In This Thread
Idle hands - by Wildfire - January 26, 2016, 11:34 AM
RE: Idle hands - by Kjalarr - January 26, 2016, 02:25 PM
RE: Idle hands - by Wildfire - January 26, 2016, 02:42 PM
RE: Idle hands - by Kjalarr - January 26, 2016, 07:29 PM
RE: Idle hands - by Wildfire - January 26, 2016, 08:44 PM