The Tangle i laugh in the face of danger
all you did will be undone
545 Posts
Ooc — Java
She was tired. More tired than she'd ever felt in her life. Perhaps venturing father from home had been a bad idea? But after seeing the state that Esaro had been in, she had needed to clear her head. Going for a run - and some exploration to boot - seemed smart at the time; however, with the night moving in swiftly to claim the forest for itself, Tavi soon came to the conclusion that she had misjudged everything. A night in a foreign forest didn't seem that bad, even if the paths all looked the same, and the trees were twisted together in weird ways, and there were spooky sounds, and -- well, she didn't want to get ahead of herself. It was fucking creepy in here, she'd leave it at that. The endless exploration Tavi had been preforming up until now had paid off, to a point, but left her in a ragged state that wasn't of great use here.

With her mind set on finding the way out, Tavi forced herself to keep on truckin'. At first she thought it was easy -- a turn here, a careful duck there, -- but soon she realized that the trees did all look the same, and her heart rate was starting to increase. She was just about to give up and pass out on the spot, when she heard a very loud click from behind her; it was probably only loud because of the disquiet spreading across the forest due to her fraying nerves, but it was enough to make the fur of her spine raise up, and a shiver to run across her body. Tavi turned sharply to regard whatever had made that noise -- thinking it was a snapping branch, or her own imagination -- and saw a black stain standing like a void between the trees.

She doesn't recognize it as a living thing -- not even as Ukko -- because he has been cast in too much shadow, obfuscated by the Tangle.
Messages In This Thread
i laugh in the face of danger - by RIP Tavi - February 27, 2016, 03:34 PM
RE: i laugh in the face of danger - by Ukko - February 27, 2016, 10:15 PM
RE: i laugh in the face of danger - by RIP Tavi - February 28, 2016, 03:18 AM
RE: i laugh in the face of danger - by Ukko - March 01, 2016, 06:27 PM
RE: i laugh in the face of danger - by RIP Tavi - March 01, 2016, 06:41 PM
RE: i laugh in the face of danger - by Ukko - March 01, 2016, 06:58 PM
RE: i laugh in the face of danger - by RIP Tavi - March 01, 2016, 07:11 PM
RE: i laugh in the face of danger - by Ukko - March 01, 2016, 07:42 PM
RE: i laugh in the face of danger - by RIP Tavi - March 01, 2016, 07:51 PM
RE: i laugh in the face of danger - by Ukko - March 02, 2016, 08:49 AM
RE: i laugh in the face of danger - by RIP Tavi - March 02, 2016, 04:16 PM