Swiftcurrent Creek A hunter beats beneath my breast
Lurker
417 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
Jace crept away into the shadows to place himself somewhere useful. Likewise, Tuwawi snuck around the other direction to flank the small herd of does and fawns. She would employ a strategy used many times before, as it seemed to have a decently high success rate. Though a skilled hunter with many means, Tuwawi lacked the natural bulk larger males possessed. Like Haunter, Jace would be a good wall to cut off their prey's escape route, and distract them as they were hounded. Artfully, her soft pads rounded the bramble with little noise, evading small stones or sticks which would alert the deer to their approach. Now in position, Tuwawi crouched and waited... for the perfect opportunity to strike.

The does were flighty, and in a group there always seemed to be one head up to keep watch. It was important to time their strike at the best possible moment. In these claustrophobic woods, the element of surprise was key. However, in a larger open fields it did not matter as much. Endurance was a wolf's strongest asset, but the cervidae often easily outmaneuvered their assailants between the clustered boughs of pine.

Tuwawi took a deep breath as her body became tightly strung. Seconds passed like hours. Minutes like days.... Until finally, each deer relaxed and they lowered their gaze to browse the woodland floor for more succulent fare. In that instant, Tuwawi launched from the thicket which had shrouded her figure, spooking the mothers and their calves into a frenzy. Their dewy brown eyes became large with fear, but the she-wolf was eager to contain their escape. She cut a corner on their left, herding them 'round a large old elm tree, towards Jace waiting on the precipice. A smaller doe was their target of choice for today, and if they downed the mother... than its child stood no chance before their mercy.
currently sports a radio collar around her neck. 
Messages In This Thread
A hunter beats beneath my breast - by Jace - March 27, 2014, 11:30 AM
RE: A hunter beats beneath my breast - by Tuwawi RIP - March 29, 2014, 06:45 PM
RE: A hunter beats beneath my breast - by Jace - March 29, 2014, 08:34 PM
RE: A hunter beats beneath my breast - by Tuwawi RIP - April 14, 2014, 07:00 PM
RE: A hunter beats beneath my breast - by Jace - April 14, 2014, 07:42 PM
RE: A hunter beats beneath my breast - by Tuwawi RIP - April 20, 2014, 04:05 AM
RE: A hunter beats beneath my breast - by Jace - April 21, 2014, 04:39 PM
RE: A hunter beats beneath my breast - by Tuwawi RIP - April 23, 2014, 09:31 PM
RE: A hunter beats beneath my breast - by Jace - April 25, 2014, 12:08 AM
RE: A hunter beats beneath my breast - by Tuwawi RIP - April 26, 2014, 07:19 PM
RE: A hunter beats beneath my breast - by Jace - April 27, 2014, 07:00 PM