Times are gone for honest men
battle without honor or humanity
140 Posts
Ooc —
I am fine with more wolves joining but I feel it is only fair they address the location: we are outside of the bordering swamp. Wolves inside DB would need to cross the swamp to get to us. I am posting out of turn since this is turning into a fight between Burke and Pallas: in the interest to keep this 2 week old post moving, I am posting. My post only addresses Burke.

Typical - all brawn and no brass. For a pack that boasted of killing, couldn't he do the job himself? Pallas watched with a sneer as Burke called instantly for backup: unfortunately, unless his wolves had wings, they would not be magically appearing besides him. It would take minutes for them to appear, and this fight -- well, it would take seconds. Pallas would keep her eyes open as they indubitably would swarm into the swamp eventually, but this meant she would have time to get away. Unless they had already been in the swamp to begin with, she knew she had at least a few minutes. Fights, on the contrary, rarely took more than a few seconds. Her plan was, at the very least, to give them the middle finger before she was forced to run.  

As the male did what all inexperienced wolves did and lunged for her neck as the first and opening move, she was ready and parried. Lunging for another wolf's scruff exposed your own throat, as it always did. Pallas, unlike Burke, had fought long enough to know this: she could recognize a novice move when she saw one. He was taller, and he was bigger and this proved to her advantage as his throat was inches above her like a ripened apple waiting to be picked. He came at a lumbering canter and Pallas kept her balance low between her four limbs in a defensive crouch always facing him -- as he swung down upon her, he exposed every soft tissue in his throat and Pallas knew it was hers for the taking. Without pause she would attempt to clamp down upon his entirely exposed throat - given his momentum and attack, he would be powerless to avoid it.  His teeth had found her scruff -- and now, her teeth would find his life. If and when her teeth found flesh, they would reave and sunder it. Unless he called off his attack entirely, she would not miss -- for in order to grab another wolf's scruff, one must be positioned above them -- and that exposes all one wolf needs to permanently sever a life. His teeth would find her scruff, and sure, it would be painful, and it was -- but it would be nothing like the involuntary larynx removal Pallas' teeth were prepared to execute.  If he wanted her scruff, he would be sacrificing his life to take it.
Messages In This Thread
Times are gone for honest men - by Pallas Stormthorn - April 16, 2016, 03:06 PM
RE: Times are gone for honest men - by Zephyr Maverick - April 23, 2016, 05:19 PM
RE: Times are gone for honest men - by Nemesis - April 23, 2016, 06:47 PM
RE: Times are gone for honest men - by Zephyr Maverick - April 23, 2016, 08:07 PM
RE: Times are gone for honest men - by Burke - April 24, 2016, 01:40 AM
RE: Times are gone for honest men - by Nemesis - April 28, 2016, 04:11 PM
RE: Times are gone for honest men - by Zephyr Maverick - April 28, 2016, 05:32 PM
RE: Times are gone for honest men - by Burke - April 29, 2016, 02:15 AM
RE: Times are gone for honest men - by Whisper - April 29, 2016, 07:53 AM
RE: Times are gone for honest men - by Pallas Stormthorn - April 29, 2016, 09:33 AM
RE: Times are gone for honest men - by Zephyr Maverick - April 29, 2016, 10:07 AM
RE: Times are gone for honest men - by Nemesis - April 29, 2016, 01:50 PM
RE: Times are gone for honest men - by Burke - May 04, 2016, 02:40 PM
RE: Times are gone for honest men - by Nemesis - May 06, 2016, 03:50 PM
RE: Times are gone for honest men - by Burke - May 07, 2016, 04:26 AM
RE: Times are gone for honest men - by Burke - May 12, 2016, 02:16 PM
RE: Times are gone for honest men - by Nemesis - May 18, 2016, 09:11 PM