Coconut Grove the quake in my breath
5 Posts
Ooc —
With the night there had come the urge to sleep, the constant traveling having worn her down quite terribly. Yet, never did she complain, perhaps out of fear that she might be abandoned or forced to travel even farther, or perhaps because she just wanted to stay near to her siblings. The reasoning was something not even she had been able to decide on, for so often did her mind and views on the situation change, that she could hardly ever figure out where to begin. Thus, she'd left it all behind, sleeping during a moment in which she was certain no one would leave without her. Everything had been tranquil at first, too, which had come as a pleasant surprise. For the first ten minutes of her slumber, she'd been at peace with her own mind, for only were there images of her family and the sea. Swiftly had those images morphed into shows of horror, however, forcing her heartbeat to quicken and a rush of adrenaline to shoot through her system. She was being abandoned, cast aside like some rag doll—unimportant, useless, pathetic. There was nothing the young female could do other than chase after them, and so she'd ran. With each step her pace seemed to quicken, carrying her through unfamiliar lands in search of her siblings, but never could she find them. They had disappeared, it had seemed, leaving her to fend for herself in the large, ugly world. Yet, she knew she could do no such thing, and so the woman merely crumbled to the ground in a heap of flesh and bones, choking on her own tears.

And that was when she'd accomplished the greatest feat of her life: she'd woken up.

As her consciousness had been regained, she'd surveyed the surrounding land immediately. It was her brother and sister that she'd wished to find, but neither of their bodies were next to her any longer. For earlier in the night, she'd run off in her sleep, believing that she was following after them when she had actually been leaving them behind. Just as had happened within her dream moments prior, panic took her in its grip and refused to let go, shaking her and leaving poor Vutia battered and confused. But unlike what had happened while she'd been unconscious, her fear was not permitted to take hold of her entirely. Rather, she'd pushed herself to her feet and took off in the direction that she had assumed to be the correct one, trailing along a path that was sure to deposit her right back with her family. Little did she know that she'd actually gone in the wrong direction entirely, taking her further from the last place she'd settled at to rest with her beloved husband and sister. It was only after it was too late that she'd noticed that nothing appeared familiar to her, resulting in the strange wolf's mind having metaphorically imploded, leaving her to wander around without any clue as to where she should go. The sense of direction that she'd once possessed was gone, having shut down with the rest of her senses as she'd convinced herself that it was the end. That never would she see the others again, for her nighttime excursion had steered her far, far away from them both. That, however, was when she'd reached the shore.

The view of the sea made her visibly perk up, relief flooding her system at the same time as she'd assured herself that they would be reunited once more. It was the sea that they all had been seeking, and so it was by the sea that she could wait. They would find her—they always did—and then no longer would the woman be lost. Until then, Vutia had decided to explore some, her joy in returning home outweighing her fear of living in the world alone. It was towards the sea that she'd then gone, and it was within the sea that she'd spotted a stranger. Immediately, Vutia had been frozen right where she stood, eyes widening as she stared forward at the threat. To fight was neither in her nature nor her structure, and so she was left rightfully afraid, even though it seemed as if she'd yet to be noticed. Tentatively, the inbred began backing away, before turning swiftly and taking shelter behind the first large object that she'd been able to find: a small grouping of trees that had grown closely to one another. She had paid no mind to how much noise she'd made in the process, her focus being on her need to escape and nothing else. Silently, she wished only for her brother and sister, or perhaps for the enemy to move far enough away so that she could move past him unseen. Yeah, that would be a good idea. Surely it'd work out for her.

Needed an excuse for why Vutia would have wandered away, sooo she had an episode
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Messages In This Thread
the quake in my breath - by Skellige - June 21, 2016, 11:36 PM
RE: the quake in my breath - by Vutia - June 22, 2016, 01:28 AM
RE: the quake in my breath - by Dapphion - June 22, 2016, 09:41 AM
RE: the quake in my breath - by Xaaos - June 25, 2016, 03:44 PM
RE: the quake in my breath - by Skellige - June 28, 2016, 01:09 PM
RE: the quake in my breath - by Vutia - July 02, 2016, 11:55 PM
RE: the quake in my breath - by Dapphion - July 03, 2016, 08:49 AM
RE: the quake in my breath - by Xaaos - July 05, 2016, 02:12 PM
RE: the quake in my breath - by Skellige - July 06, 2016, 03:02 AM
RE: the quake in my breath - by Vutia - July 18, 2016, 02:03 AM