Emberflame Ridge I sold my soul for this?
all you did will be undone
545 Posts
Ooc — Java
She is overwhelmed as she searches for some sort of connection, something to root her here and in this place instead of all the places and all the moments; because that is where she is, always, now. Drifting from moment to moment, fragment to fragment, to the present and the past, and cannot quite stay anywhere. He says her name again and in hearing it, she finds some purchase on reality; but there is something pulling her out just as swiftly, and Tavi offers up a smile to him.

"Talk to me," he asks her, begs her, and the tone of his voice makes her erupt with a soft tittering of laughter. It is not her laughter, no — Tavi was always big and obnoxious, but this laugh is small, like a mouse has snuck inside her skin and begun playing with what it's found there. For a moment she is stuck there, and then gasps, breathing him in again, and admits, No, no talk - because why would they need to talk? They needed to do so much more, didn't he want to? Didn't he love her? Want her? Reek — she thought the name and felt her body grow stiff, and she pulls away from Ukko as if he has smacked her, but then upon looking at his face and truly trying to study it, she knows this is not Reek at all. At least, for the moment.

U...kko? she murmurs, surprised to see him, of all people, and here? What was he doing here? Hadn't he left? Or had he gone to find her more treasures for her den? The confusion was added to the melting pot of her emotions but soon enough Tavi was overwhelmed by a sense of mirth, of glee, of great and unwavering gladness to be in his presence again; as if their fight had never happened and the night in the tangle was still ages away, far in the future. Yet she cannot seem to make her tongue work the way it once did, and so she falls silent, and so Tavi draws close to him again. This time she is not so affectionate nor insistent for his closeness, but she does not withdraw either; the kisses end, but her tail is wagging and she is happy to be with him again.
Messages In This Thread
I sold my soul for this? - by RIP Tavi - August 04, 2016, 03:24 PM
RE: I sold my soul for this? - by Ukko - August 04, 2016, 06:42 PM
RE: I sold my soul for this? - by RIP Tavi - August 04, 2016, 06:53 PM
RE: I sold my soul for this? - by Ukko - August 04, 2016, 07:01 PM
RE: I sold my soul for this? - by RIP Tavi - August 04, 2016, 07:11 PM
RE: I sold my soul for this? - by Ukko - August 04, 2016, 07:22 PM
RE: I sold my soul for this? - by RIP Tavi - August 04, 2016, 07:32 PM
RE: I sold my soul for this? - by Ukko - August 04, 2016, 07:47 PM
RE: I sold my soul for this? - by RIP Tavi - August 04, 2016, 08:00 PM
RE: I sold my soul for this? - by Ukko - August 04, 2016, 08:23 PM
RE: I sold my soul for this? - by RIP Tavi - August 04, 2016, 08:44 PM