Shimmering Sands Starry Eyes
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
Is it right to assume the Eden is laying down, like Olive? If not, I’ll edit as needed!

Wow. Just, wow. The wolf wove her tale of family and deceit, sex and intrigue, death and new life - and finally, new beginnings. It was a lengthy account and Eden was well deserving of the opportunity to unburden her mind. The woman had been through more adversity than Olive experienced in her entire life - and somehow came out the other side a relatively well-adjusted wolf. Eden was a picture of true resilience.

Olive listened intently, imbibing every word and committing it to memory. “Eden, I melt into myself at the thought of losing loved ones and loved packs. Your strength has left me without words.”  Graceful tears wet her friend’s face. Olive felt compassionate tears prick at her eyes and tried to determine if Eden would be open to a friendly gesture, a kind touch. Heralding her empathy with a soft whine, Olive inched closer to the Eden and draped a paw over her shoulder. 

“Would you like me to read what the stars hold for you? It is a full moon, which can provide deep clarity to those who can see it.” Olive was a novice at stargazing and did not have extensive experience reading the heavens, but her mother had spent much of her life laying out the basics for her children. Despite her skill level, Olive felt compelled to offer the wolf what could be a small happiness.
and all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams
are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams
in what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams

Messages In This Thread
Starry Eyes - by Olive - October 09, 2016, 04:04 PM
RE: Starry Eyes - by RIP Eden - October 09, 2016, 04:17 PM
RE: Starry Eyes - by Olive - October 09, 2016, 05:28 PM
RE: Starry Eyes - by RIP Eden - October 09, 2016, 06:45 PM
RE: Starry Eyes - by Olive - October 10, 2016, 12:49 PM
RE: Starry Eyes - by RIP Eden - October 10, 2016, 10:49 PM
RE: Starry Eyes - by Olive - October 11, 2016, 10:02 PM
RE: Starry Eyes - by RIP Eden - October 15, 2016, 08:13 PM