Ravensblood Forest i asked the coppers on our payroll
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
OOC: sliiiiiight pp to get them moving, I hope you don’t mind! Happy to change anything

The fact that Teaghalaigh did not have  a permanent, communal space for denning was none too surprising to Olive. She had never had a long-term den before, as she and her family had always been on the move in search of better hunting grounds [they were a small and tight nit group, unable to hold a territory themselves]. Olive had simply heard stories from road-weary bards who reminisced about pack rendezvous sites, where all wolves made their dens and gathered at all times of the day. It was a fun notion and Olive was thrilled to hear that Arturo was willing to bring it up for a vote in front of the whole pack.

Now that she was thinking about it... Olive had never claimed, dug or even slept in a den. Usually Olive found a peaceful place to sleep under the low overhang of a tree - it served well the purpose of protecting her from the elements and concealing her shape from any prying eyes. The open air was soothing to her and often helped her busy mind drift off to a deep sleep.

However....a den would be a warm and cozy place that could act as a house for her most vulnerable states and thoughts. Being so intimately close to the earth was immensely centering; a feeling she relished. It would be hers.

Olive nodded to Arturo in appreciation, chuffing. “I’m glad to have you by my side!” Following his gesture, Olive padded forward from their forested meeting place in a graceful trot. A sideglance was all that she gave her meal which lay on the ground, giving it to the earth in favor of time with her Ceannasach. Olive murmered a hushed prayer for the life that was taken and a body not utilized [she hoped the carcass would feed another passerby]. A quick look over her shoulder confirmed that Arturo was in tow... and they were off.

Off to where? Olive wasn’t entirely sure. Though she had spent some time in Ravensblood Forest and was doing her best to memorize the land’s myriad of landmarks as interesting visual/spiritual elements, mapping wasn’t truly her forte. 

“I must be honest with you, Arturo” Olive commented sheepishly as they traveled. “This will be the first den I have taken up residence in!” She laughed, as it sounded silly when she said it out loud. “My family and I were always moving around, unable to stay still. We were always looking for newer lands that were better suited to our needs, but I’m not sure we ever wanted to truly find it. My father, mother, brothers and I found such peace and humility in exploring what lay just beyond our comfort zone.” 

Slowing her pace momentarily so that the fae could look at Arturo, she finished “I am so thrilled to have this new experience, to have another family and to truly connect with this forest which we now call home. It’s different for me, but I love how it feels.”
and all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams
are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams
in what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams

Messages In This Thread
i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Arturo - October 16, 2016, 06:01 AM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Olive - October 16, 2016, 10:43 AM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Arturo - October 16, 2016, 11:56 AM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Olive - October 16, 2016, 05:23 PM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Arturo - October 16, 2016, 06:19 PM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Olive - October 19, 2016, 08:53 AM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Arturo - October 19, 2016, 01:31 PM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Olive - October 21, 2016, 04:00 PM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Arturo - October 21, 2016, 04:33 PM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Olive - October 25, 2016, 01:59 AM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Arturo - October 27, 2016, 01:55 PM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Olive - October 28, 2016, 12:25 PM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Arturo - October 28, 2016, 02:23 PM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Olive - November 01, 2016, 09:57 PM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Arturo - November 05, 2016, 05:09 AM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Olive - November 08, 2016, 01:03 PM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Arturo - November 10, 2016, 01:31 PM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Olive - November 12, 2016, 07:38 PM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Arturo - November 19, 2016, 04:51 AM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Olive - November 21, 2016, 11:29 AM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Arturo - December 11, 2016, 05:29 AM
RE: i asked the coppers on our payroll - by Olive - December 11, 2016, 11:01 PM