Ravensblood Forest Im here with a pledge hand slapped across my chest
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
Olive lay close to Dakarai as he wove his tale, the story as new to Olive as it was to Arturo and Chusi. The first part she knew well - the part where the prince detailed their night of spiritual connection [of oneness]. Olive often ruminated on the scene and wondered if it had been as ethereal as she remembered - or had she been drunk upon the sweet, dark liquors of his voice in her ear? Either way, she knew the scene well.

The latter part of Dakarai’s story left  Olive certain that their meeting had not simply been romantic theatrics. After all, the dark creature faced his pack, their sharp teeth and hateful spirits, to travel a great distance… to find her. It was overpowering.There was a small pit forming in the humbled fae’s gut - she felt wholly unworthy of the dedication that Dakarai offered her. She did not want to cause him more pain.

Though, it was still an unequivocal truth that the more you reveal yourself to another, the more power you give them the hurt you. “King…” the maiden cooed against her lover, hoping the vibrations of her voice would [in any way] soothe him. 

To Olive’s elation, Arturo did not react negatively to their story. Nor did he react positively; Olive had a difficult time reading Ceannasach’s face. Arturo did ask Dakarai a question, and the question mirrored many of Olive’s own. What kind of wolves were these… Blackfeather Woods folk if they were to punish a man for following his soul, incarnate. They brutalized him… for her sake. Hurt him, bled him. They were her enemy and for the first time, the fae felt hot, red anger bubble up within her.

Thankfully Chusi interrupted Olive’s spiral, whispering a promise so honest and kind that Olive couldn’t help but smile in spite of herself. If a union were blessed by the mouth of babe, it had to be true. Olive’s tail began to sway behind her, wagging against Dakarai. The brute was telling his story of blood and possible vengeance - and she was grinning. It felt silly, but… why shouldn’t she? Olive was in the throes of her own heart and found it unworthy the energy to hide it.
and all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams
are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams
in what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams

Messages In This Thread
RE: Im here with a pledge hand slapped across my chest - by Olive - November 13, 2016, 04:27 PM