The Sentinels Mykonos
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
How to describe an alliance to a child? In this respect Olive, too, was similar to the adolescent. Having never been associated with a formal pack before Teaghlaigh, the woman had been all too unfamiliar with the concept.  Arturo had to coach her on diplomatic topics such as these, as she felt her decorum and loquacity necessitated constant adjustment to fit the convention of such business deals. In fact, she had approached Donnelaith this blustery day to further explore such a concept.  In her humble explanation, Olive chose to leave all mentions of business and war out of it; Witchhazel was far too young for such topics and Olive did not want to cloud her young mind with such depravity [instead, choosing to cultivate peace].

“An alliance is another word for friendship,” Olive sung, lowering her feathered shoulders so that she was looking the girl eye-to-eye. “Like us, friends may not know each other at the start... but we’re always here help in good times and bad.”  Olive gave pause, rooting around in her expansive mind for an example.

“Think about it like this: if you determined that you wanted to learn the ways of a naturalist – Teaghlaigh could be a good resource for you. Allies teach each other things and help each other grow.” Olive knew naught of the rambunctious girl’s ambitions (if she entertained any beyond marking the borders), but if she so desired Olive knew herself [and maybe the healing mates, Isley and Palisander] would jump at the chance. Donnelaith represented more healers, of course, but Teag offered a different perspective. "I would love for you to come see my home and meet the rest of your friends."
and all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams
are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams
in what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams

Messages In This Thread
Mykonos - by Olive - December 01, 2016, 10:45 PM
RE: Mykonos - by Witchhazel - December 03, 2016, 04:54 AM
RE: Mykonos - by Olive - December 04, 2016, 05:21 PM
RE: Mykonos - by Witchhazel - December 10, 2016, 08:54 AM
RE: Mykonos - by Olive - December 12, 2016, 10:36 PM
RE: Mykonos - by Witchhazel - December 16, 2016, 10:00 AM
RE: Mykonos - by Olive - December 18, 2016, 02:10 PM
RE: Mykonos - by Witchhazel - December 18, 2016, 05:38 PM