Ravensblood Forest My heart is Home with you
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
Thank you for laying it out! It can get so confusing  >____>

The darkened warrior spied her out; Olive had never been one for subterfuge. She crept from the cover of the underbrush and out from behind the timber’s bleeding trunk, taking slow movements towards where there two men gathered. Dakarai’s words elicited guilt, simmering low in her gut — how could she have pulled away and embraced solitude, when he so clearly needed her embrace? He looked so forlorn and introspective at that very moment [and all the moments prior]. For a big brute who had talents in fighting and hunting, he also have a certain depth of emotion that kept her fascinated.

Arturo responded and spoke with authority, but the very sound of it kept her lips sealed and her voice silenced.  The fae did grit her teeth as she listened to Ceannasach talked to Dakarai, not exactly pleased at what she was hearing. Her kindred spirit was obviously grieving the loss, a deep loss — family. And family member, so new to him! Suddenly Olive assumed all the empathy in the world and silently bade her leader to be kind, as he always was to her. Dakarai was new to the family, but he was her heart and soul. What hurt him, hurt her. So when Arturo spoke, it felt almost as though he spoke sternly unto her. Olive’s ears slipped back again, pressed hard against her feathered crown. It didn’t feel good.

It’s was Ceannasach’s own way of lifting the burden off of her lover’s broad shoulders, she did not believe he was trying to be funny nor in a good mood… none of them were, not with the anxiety and sleeplessness that accompanied their compounding grief. Sorrow was hard work. So Olive elected to dip her head at Arturo, then Dakarai, keeping some space between them. It was not time for an overwhelmingly emotional display of affection, thought Olive wished more than nothing to draw her big ol’ softie into her arms and murmur sweet nothings into his ears; to ease his pain. 

“I had a dream,” Olive intimated softly, taking on the responsibility of continuing the conversation and shifting it ever so slightly, so the attentions were on her. Not out of desire for the limelight in such a somber situation, but to save her future mate from any further misgivings. A shining glance towards Dakarai signaled that this was the same dream she told him on the night of their first partnership. But, she had had the dream a second time. And a third time. “It…was Dakarai and I...but, we were in a barren field, and the snow went on endlessly...and we walked, endlessly. The foot steps we left were red and bloody; every single of them. It seemed so real, and felt so dreadful.” The feeling had stayed with her for days, she remembered. “I’ve dreamt it nearly three times.”

“Am I, too, drawing a connection where there is none? Perhaps I should have known something bad was to happen...” The question was genuine, and she somewhat wished for them both to dismiss it entirely.
and all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams
are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams
in what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams

Messages In This Thread
My heart is Home with you - by Dakarai - December 25, 2016, 12:05 PM
RE: My heart is Home with you - by Arturo - December 25, 2016, 12:29 PM
RE: My heart is Home with you - by Dakarai - December 25, 2016, 02:07 PM
RE: My heart is Home with you - by Olive - December 26, 2016, 07:56 PM
RE: My heart is Home with you - by Dakarai - December 27, 2016, 01:10 PM
RE: My heart is Home with you - by Arturo - December 31, 2016, 05:23 AM
RE: My heart is Home with you - by Olive - December 31, 2016, 05:53 PM
RE: My heart is Home with you - by Dakarai - December 31, 2016, 06:54 PM