Heron Lake Plateau my disproportionate reactions fuse with my eager state
612 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
He does listen, patiently.  It seemed kind of sensible to ask, except for the fact that it made him wonder if she thought that the alpha pair was oblivious.  He started off ruefully, Ah yes, when the birds are gone, people will actually hunt together to take down the deer and caribou like an actual pack, horrors.  Still a sour point for him.  But honestly, they were the only pack out here.  There wasn't going to be any lack of food if people would actually pay attention to something larger than snack size.

Anyway, moving on to the next point.  It was possible some of his irritation slipped through as he talked, but it was more in relation to just not liking the plateau to start with and now feeling like nothing was as good, not at Ceara.  Hate to break it to you, but it's gonna be windy, wet, and cold everywhere, Raven I have already discussed this.  No place is perfect.  Head across to the island, you're trapped there when the ice thins and you can't cross the rivers.  The thicket would possibly be hard to hunt larger prey in.  Let's just cross off some of the swampier areas outright, along with the mountain where Orca died.  Tindome abandoned their forest for whatever reason, so probably not a good idea there, Raven thinks the forest just south of us might be in danger of avalanches from the other mountain...  The list could just keep going, Where does that leave us?  Is it worth that effort to move again when we could be walking into somewhere worse?

If the worst we have to deal with is some wind, why do we take the risk?  This place wasn't our choice, meaning himself and Raven, but unless things actually get unreasonably bad, I don't think there's many good options without moving back towards Blackfeather.  And that option was pretty much off the list, even if he personally wondered if that pack had changed at all under their new leadership.  He'd find out eventually (probably) that they had not.
Messages In This Thread
RE: my disproportionate reactions fuse with my eager state - by Quixote - October 27, 2018, 10:01 PM