Hushed Willows oh you should've been a mother, you should've been a wife
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
Delight, keenly aware of how hard reality was hitting her at that moment, allowed her closer. At the same time, Olive almost completely folded into his embrace and used his slight frame to help support the weight of her own. She was a creature of touch and of love and felt a little more whole in these moments of close proximity with her Shiva.

She didn’t cry, but her body did shudder from her sheer force of breath. The woman drew breath as would a woman with the entire weight of the world upon her shoulders — she knew she didn’t, and her logical mind was quick to remind her how often she deferred to Lily and Delight — but damn, if it didn’t feel that way whenever she looked into the faces of her beautiful children and their pleading gazes. Is mummy going to be okay?

Olive bit her tongue, jade eyes misty, regaining enough composure to speak actual words and not just breath against Delight’s side. Her legs found a little more strength, and she centered her weight — their touching was now more of a vibrational thing, but remained just as strong.
“Yes, it’s… hard,” the woman said unsteadily. “It’s awful to watch the ones you love suffer.” The sylph’s shrouded gaze looked up at Delight with the same pleading look of her children, though her’s was twinged with apology. “Perhaps I was too dismissive of the pain, the last time we spoke. It’s not so easy to simply… rise above it.”
and all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams
are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams
in what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams

Messages In This Thread
RE: oh you should've been a mother, you should've been a wife - by Olive - January 17, 2019, 06:54 PM