Hushed Willows oh you should've been a mother, you should've been a wife
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
In a similar way that their close proximity soothes delight, does it also soothe Olive. She finds that her heaving breathes subside, and in its place, a very comfortable nuzzle is evoked. It is nice the way that he does not flaunt that he was right, but instead chalks it up to their inevitable fallibility as wolf-kind. No one was perfect, not even those who spoke to the gods. In fact, perhaps they were the most imperfect.

Rather than lean her entire weight against his as she was doing, the slight woman shifted herself so that she stood upon her own four limbs and eventually removed herself from his side. Her heart felt calm, and her mind felt steady. Compared to the guilt of moments before, it was something akin to magic. Plus Delight’s kind-hearted attempt to cheer her up — Olive was right as rain in a moment flat. 

"That is a great idea,”  she agreed cheekily. “and it will ensure that I see more of you, for reasons others than herbal deliveries and the occasional check-in.”  She did not want to downplay the crucial role that Delight played in Seabreeze’s recovery, but she also did not want to downplay how nice it would be to maintain a close relationship with him.  
and all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams
are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams
in what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams

Messages In This Thread
RE: oh you should've been a mother, you should've been a wife - by Olive - February 06, 2019, 04:48 PM