Player Count Added to Pack Stats?
the gunslinger
558 Posts
Ooc — Bo
As an actual PM on the site - in two different packs - I don't see this as an issue at all. Why? Because a pack disbanding isn't the end of the world. If you don't have enough members/players and you're barely clinging on, maybe it's best that the pack disbands to allow for something else to take its place. 

I believe the way that the rules are set up make things completely and entirely fair. I'd rather respect those who want to be private and anon instead of forcing something like this. When I've made anon characters, I made sure that I was keeping myself on the down-low. I didn't want to be found out until I was ready for it and I had my own reasons for that. I'd have been really irked if I was being unveiled because someone didn't think it was fair to their pack's number base... this is just a game. 

Yes, a lot of work goes into pack creation. Lots of people labor over their ideas and spend hours and hours in an attempt to form their pack. That's part of the game. It's not just a risk for you. It's a risk for everyone. If you're afraid that your numbers would be shown inaccurately and you'll disband, maybe put your pack idea on hold until you can approach it as part of the game again. A break might be all you need. Not only that, but you have three whole days to pull in another member to save the pack if you get close to the closing point. You will be notified just like all of the other packs and you can take those three days to find someone else to fill the ranks, or let your pack disband. 

TLDR: I think respecting people's right to be anon is way more important than trying to keep packs around longer. Let people feel safe to bring in characters they may not keep or that they don't want everyone to know about. If you feel as though your pack is getting close to slipping into a disband, then buck up and do the work to save it. The game is fluid - let it be. Let packs disband and new ones form. It's going to be way more interesting than clinging to stale things.
Messages In This Thread
Player Count Added to Pack Stats? - by Strand - April 07, 2019, 02:00 PM
RE: Player Count Added to Pack Stats? - by Indra - April 07, 2019, 03:51 PM
RE: Player Count Added to Pack Stats? - by Strand - April 07, 2019, 04:12 PM
RE: Player Count Added to Pack Stats? - by Indra - April 07, 2019, 04:22 PM
RE: Player Count Added to Pack Stats? - by Maegi - April 07, 2019, 04:27 PM
RE: Player Count Added to Pack Stats? - by Strand - April 07, 2019, 04:45 PM
RE: Player Count Added to Pack Stats? - by Maegi - April 07, 2019, 04:55 PM
RE: Player Count Added to Pack Stats? - by Illidan - April 07, 2019, 04:58 PM
RE: Player Count Added to Pack Stats? - by Zilliken - April 07, 2019, 05:01 PM
RE: Player Count Added to Pack Stats? - by Rosalyn - April 07, 2019, 05:06 PM
RE: Player Count Added to Pack Stats? - by Strand - April 07, 2019, 05:13 PM