Blackfeather Woods Praying to the label itself
always in this twilight
315 Posts
Ooc — Jem
want to end it with your post? c: i can start something dated the next day then

she smiles as they walk; the enthusiasm lifting her spirits. "most definitely notshe laughs back, glancing down at his energetic form as they start the walk home. honestly, although it seemed simply like she was the one helping him in reality he was helping her a lot more than she cared to admit. the idea of spending so much time with a pup let alone training one had been irrationally daunting and she'd started the interaction feeling awkwardly tense yet he'd worked the magic of youth on her and she felt lighter as they made their way home and she now understood the need to protect the innocent. whilst the idea of someone trying to take one of the pack's pups would have enraged her previously, she now felt a deeper need to defend them. it was the hope, they had so many dreams and had yet to be tainted by the world. the need to preserve that had become so painfully real to her just during this patrol and well, she understood now. as quick as that, she got it. she cared.

as well as that, she felt a new resentment towards her own kin, what had once been a hollow acceptance burned lowly now with a fiery anger. that had been her once and they'd just...killed it without a care in the world. she's saved from such spiralling thoughts though as the boy pipes up once more; tone questioning. once again, such strangely specific questions they came up with..ones you wouldn't even think to provide an answer to without them seeking it first. tilting her head to the side curiously- she shrugs as she walks. "we all have a similar smell because we all smell like the woods but if you smell beyond that we're all actually different. like i used to be a lone wolf and i didn't smell like the woods i just smelt like me, the woods were just added to that but the original scent is still there..i guess you've just got to get used to picking out everyone's different scents.once again she's hoping it's explained right, another thing she never thought she'd have to put into words. being a mother must be tiring, like she'd already known the physical side was but she hadn't taken into account how much it probably took to quench the curiosity of a whole litter of pups.

they were back in the center of the woods now and she smiles down at him; "well we're back, if that's all you've got to ask then you can go back to moonshadow and let her know you're back and where you've been. i'll come get you tomorrow for some more, also do not go near the borders unaccompanied- you hear me? there's a difference between being brave and being reckless, going there alone would be recklessshe looks at him sternly for a moment before relaxing and offering a good natured nudge, only whenever he left and faded from view would she turn and wander off- smile still lingering.
[Image: ezgif-com-gif-maker.gif]
Messages In This Thread
Praying to the label itself - by Rowan - July 28, 2019, 02:40 AM
RE: Praying to the label itself - by Tundra - August 01, 2019, 05:58 PM
RE: Praying to the label itself - by Rowan - August 04, 2019, 02:23 PM
RE: Praying to the label itself - by Tundra - August 08, 2019, 03:15 PM
RE: Praying to the label itself - by Rowan - August 11, 2019, 02:18 PM
RE: Praying to the label itself - by Tundra - August 13, 2019, 10:37 AM
RE: Praying to the label itself - by Rowan - August 13, 2019, 02:14 PM
RE: Praying to the label itself - by Tundra - August 15, 2019, 05:08 PM
RE: Praying to the label itself - by Rowan - August 18, 2019, 01:14 PM
RE: Praying to the label itself - by Tundra - August 21, 2019, 03:29 PM