Northstar Vale β€“ did it forge a love that you might have never found? (chl.)
1,335 Posts
Ooc — torvi
Master Warrior
get this out of me; andraste pleas.

how? how is he to temper a monster that he cannot see? alas, he is not able to take some magick potion to let him see the unseen and can only take this as he knows how: rationally. pragmatically, melkor regards her, regards her state which hardly seemed to be the domineering queen of the unseelie court that has been excessively dominating her followers, when as far as he can tell β€” not having been present β€” wasn't a necessary evil. there were always those times, yes ...but from what he has gathered she has the respect of those who call themselves courtfallians; as it should be.

❝if singular power is too much for you β€” too much temptation to be an unruly leader β€” then perhaps you shouldn't have it.❞ the tundrian steps towards his lover, glacial gaze meeting hers in unmistaken challenge. his goal is not to usurp her entirely; courtfall is her domain and she should, rightfully, rule it. however, it has become clearer and clearer to him, starting with the half-slumbering interrogation at the borders to the tentative here and now that she needs a counter balance.

❝let me shoulder half of the burden with you. let me be your counter weight so the power is balanced.❞ the words themselves might be give an implication of suggestion but the expression upon frostborne, scarred visage tells that he is not suggesting.