Redsand Canyon 'cause we were misfits
my monsters are real; they're trained how to kill
660 Posts
Ooc — Tasha
Medic
Midwife
The Matrona was quick to invite her inside and she got to work. She did not like to disturb others in their home, but given the circumstances she felt comfortable doing so during the daytime hours. “How are you feeling?” She asked with a soft look in her eyes. She worried about her. She had told Kallik as much. She didn’t truly know what kind of complications could be caused by the Matrona’s injuries so she simply had to prepare for everything, and that meant fretting needlessly over her health as well. She shook her head, dismissing the thanks because it was not necessary. Not only was it her job, but she felt a love and respect for the Matrona as friend if not an almost maternal figure in her own life… thanks would never be necessary from her.

She offered a soft smile to the other woman, a soft chuckle escaping at her addition. “It was certainly not how I had expected… and at first I had been angry… furious, even.” She would always be truthful with her. She could hear the sympathy and the regret in her tone. She did not know how much sway the Matrona had held over that decision. “I hated the principle of someone else making that decision for me… but it hasn’t turned out bad.” She could admit that much at least. “I gave your husband quite the earful about it too…” She added on in a more lighthearted manner this time. “I… am happy. I was angry, but I am happy. He makes me happy.” That was more than she could have ever asked for.

Ruenna was truly a kind soul. One of the kindest she had ever known and she offered a grateful look in her direction. “Thank you, Lady Ruenna.” There were times where the title felt awkward, as if she knew the woman enough to simply call her Ruenna, but still formality laced her tone. It had been how she was raised. “I will… and I am still available too. Do not think you need to make your way all the way down to the tablinum just to converse with me… I am more than happy to make a trip up here at your call.” It was her way of stressing that the woman simply needed to take care of herself. She knew she already was, but images of her own mother passing during birthing flashed in her mind and made her doubt that it was enough.
Aquene speaks both русский язык and Common. She does not carry a Russian accent. Her knowledge of Russian is not common knowledge.
Messages In This Thread
'cause we were misfits - by Aquene - March 11, 2022, 04:06 PM
RE: 'cause we were misfits - by Ruenna - March 18, 2022, 12:05 PM
RE: 'cause we were misfits - by Aquene - March 22, 2022, 10:50 PM
RE: 'cause we were misfits - by Ruenna - April 04, 2022, 09:41 AM
RE: 'cause we were misfits - by Aquene - April 04, 2022, 03:25 PM
RE: 'cause we were misfits - by Ruenna - April 06, 2022, 05:57 PM
RE: 'cause we were misfits - by Aquene - April 06, 2022, 07:06 PM
RE: 'cause we were misfits - by Ruenna - May 24, 2022, 03:07 PM
RE: 'cause we were misfits - by Aquene - June 01, 2022, 07:10 PM