Redsand Canyon a monster in my head, a ghost inside my chest
636 Posts
Ooc — hela
Guardian
Kallik was the one who had left; he had just been so surprised to see his cousin here that his question was the first thing that came to mind. There was no anger in Merrit's tone, though the scutarius felt guilty all the same.

He heard steps approach from behind, Aquene's scent filling his nose a second later. He was not happy that his pregnant wife was meeting strangers at the border. What if this had been someone dangerous and not his cousin? It was something he would have to talk to her about later. 

I guess I just needed to be alone for a while, he offered. I'm sorry if I worried you. Merrit had always been there; he hadn't left or died. More guilt swelled in his chest; he should have told his cousin where he was going but he had been in a lot of pain and had not been thinking about much else. 

Kallik turned his head and motioned for Aquene to come forward. She would see none of the coldness he usually offered when he intercepted callers at the border. This is my wife, Aquene. It was very strange introducing her as his wife to Merrit. They hadn't seen each other since the soldier was angry kid on the cusp of adulthood. Now he was a soldier and married with pups on the way. He wished so much that he had found his cousin sooner. Aquene, this is my cousin, Merrit. We haven't seen each other for some time.
Inuttuk
Common
Messages In This Thread
RE: a monster in my head, a ghost inside my chest - by Kallik - March 29, 2022, 10:46 AM