Frostfire Ridge Therein lies the flowers of truth
Brecheliant
Family
-Not all who wander, are lost.-
722 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Amalia stepped into stride with him, staying close enough that manners dictated. So she didn't overwhelm him. She would have fished had he asked, she was just unsure if she could remember how too. Though, she did wonder about the cold water, would it be frigid and make her paws numb?

Amalia perked her ears forward at his name, and it was indeed a foreign one. Though a burning curiosity started deep inside and she was determined now. She would learn how to say it right. Her mother had said one should always attempt to call someone by their name. Learn it. Especially, if it's a name that's unusual to you. That it was a small kindness.

"Would you be able to teach me to say your name correctly? I would like to know how. And besides I like it when people say my name correctly. You'd be surprised how many get it wrong."

She listened in rapt attention. So most of how they ate was fish, because the herds were gone, at least she assumed. He hadn't said that, but she wondered if that were the inference. Though part of what he said caught her attention. 

"Are you looking to build your numbers? I only ask because I am looking for a pack myself, having recently lost mine. Due to much of the same thing, limited numbers and then implosion.

She stopped in mid step with him and listened as he spoke. With his pause came an offer of kindness and safety and it was more than she had seen since coming here. Oh there had been plenty of kind wolves, but none had offered to travel with her. Safety in numbers and she appreciated it far more than she could verbalize. 

"I will gladly come with you, on once condition. You teach me to fish better." 

She wanted to pay this kind male back and she would do so with fish and small game when she could.

Amalia moved into step with him again, her tail waving gently behind her.
Messages In This Thread
Therein lies the flowers of truth - by Amalia - May 23, 2022, 09:47 AM
RE: Therein lies the flowers of truth - by Kigipigak - May 23, 2022, 11:55 AM
RE: Therein lies the flowers of truth - by Amalia - May 23, 2022, 02:38 PM
RE: Therein lies the flowers of truth - by Kigipigak - May 23, 2022, 02:51 PM
RE: Therein lies the flowers of truth - by Amalia - May 23, 2022, 03:05 PM
RE: Therein lies the flowers of truth - by Kigipigak - May 25, 2022, 12:47 PM
RE: Therein lies the flowers of truth - by Amalia - May 25, 2022, 05:15 PM
RE: Therein lies the flowers of truth - by Kigipigak - May 27, 2022, 11:50 PM
RE: Therein lies the flowers of truth - by Amalia - May 28, 2022, 06:55 AM
RE: Therein lies the flowers of truth - by Kigipigak - May 30, 2022, 12:22 PM
RE: Therein lies the flowers of truth - by Amalia - May 30, 2022, 12:30 PM