Redsand Canyon Shuffle, shuffle Jab
my monsters are real; they're trained how to kill
660 Posts
Ooc — Tasha
Medic
Midwife
The story he told sounded familiar. She offered a nod. “Where I come from, men were only soldiers, and women were only healers. We learned out craft to piece our husbands back together when they returned from battle.” She explained, less bitterness than she might have previously told such a story. It had taken time, but she had come to merely accept it for what it was: something that had shaped her. Dimitri had not been spotted since his initial attack on Mereo’s borders and neither had his sniveling friend Ryzhov. She found herself cautiously optimistic that the past was truly in the past. “Cobwebs are my preference for binding as well. Their natural adhesive certainly helps with soldiers on the move.” She offered with a soft smile.

Her eyes softened a touch when he offered to perhaps tell her about it someday. “The past can be painful. I think you’ll find many here share a kindred wish for the past to be different.” She knew she did. She knew her husband did. Towhee certainly probably thought she could use a redo with her former husband from what she had heard. It was quite a time, and Mereo was a home for souls looking for the better after, even if it was also a military outpost.

She did not realize the loyalty that came with her own position, though she knew that many in Mereo were thankful for her expertise. It was more than she had thought she would get out of her own life. She hadn’t expected to make it this far, much less had two adorable children and a loving husband. She offered a soft smile, a lightness carrying in her eyes. “It is my pleasure. I enjoy helping others.” She offered back. “And I am grateful for the soldiers here. They have protected me more than once in my time here… without them, I likely would not be alive right now. Sometimes, it takes special wolves to fight demons that a wolf cannot fight on their own.”
Aquene speaks both русский язык and Common. She does not carry a Russian accent. Her knowledge of Russian is not common knowledge.
Messages In This Thread
Shuffle, shuffle Jab - by Reyson - May 29, 2022, 10:50 AM
RE: Shuffle, shuffle Jab - by Aquene - June 01, 2022, 07:08 PM
RE: Shuffle, shuffle Jab - by Reyson - June 01, 2022, 07:22 PM
RE: Shuffle, shuffle Jab - by Aquene - June 01, 2022, 07:37 PM
RE: Shuffle, shuffle Jab - by Reyson - June 01, 2022, 07:49 PM
RE: Shuffle, shuffle Jab - by Aquene - June 01, 2022, 08:36 PM
RE: Shuffle, shuffle Jab - by Reyson - June 01, 2022, 08:49 PM
RE: Shuffle, shuffle Jab - by Aquene - June 03, 2022, 07:02 PM
RE: Shuffle, shuffle Jab - by Reyson - June 03, 2022, 07:58 PM
RE: Shuffle, shuffle Jab - by Aquene - June 13, 2022, 05:49 PM
RE: Shuffle, shuffle Jab - by Reyson - June 13, 2022, 06:14 PM