Sleepy Fox Hollow Verbindung
Pledged
Party City
hi im baby
223 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
He kept careful watch, but the other wolf wasn't angry, not frightened enough to call for his parents. So the coywolf's posture loosened up and he became gradually more perky as the boy spoke firm words to him. And he was still listening, but it was clear from his lack of reaction that he would not be heeding these words of wisdom.

"Am I in trouble now?" he asked, and managed to sound more wondering than impertinent doing so.

The young male had no notion of whether this pack was strong or weak. It was a family, four strong. That, inherently, was a weakness. But although he was growing into an apex predator, Dusty had not been born to one — everything was a threat to him, and if he couldn't fit it in his mouth and shake it side to side, it was not something he was interested in overcoming.

(It did occur to Dusty that the boy might make a fine meal — but these were cold, reptilian thoughts, and not the sort of thing one acted upon.)

He popped up as if on springs as the other wolf indicated to him that they were going somewhere. This was not his aim — he wanted to go where the other wolves were! — but he felt obliged to let this boy take the lead. Especially if he was in trouble. He followed along as if this was the case, even if he doubted this wolf's ability (both physically and emotionally) to hold him responsible for dipping his toes in their pool. He wasn't the sort to risk injury without the promise of a good meal, but a stubborn thread of pride told him he could certainly outrun the fellow.

"I wonder," he said, and he did his best to maintain a respectful tone, even if he very well knew the question was impertinent, "How I'm ever meant to talk to someone if I'm not allowed to go and find 'em."

He took a peek at his new friend to see if he found this at all funny, and was quick to look contrite if he didn't.

"I'll be more careful," he said, but he only said it to try and smooth any feathers he might've ruffled.
* Dusty is a little shit who is always up in people's business. Feel free to bite him and inflict minor injuries without asking permission.
Messages In This Thread
Verbindung - by Emmerich - August 16, 2022, 11:52 AM
RE: Verbindung - by Dusty Rose - September 19, 2022, 08:47 AM
RE: Verbindung - by Emmerich - September 20, 2022, 12:20 PM
RE: Verbindung - by Dusty Rose - September 20, 2022, 03:46 PM
RE: Verbindung - by Emmerich - September 22, 2022, 07:50 PM
RE: Verbindung - by Dusty Rose - September 22, 2022, 10:50 PM
RE: Verbindung - by Emmerich - September 23, 2022, 05:54 PM
RE: Verbindung - by Dusty Rose - September 23, 2022, 06:17 PM
RE: Verbindung - by Emmerich - September 28, 2022, 01:29 PM
RE: Verbindung - by Dusty Rose - September 28, 2022, 02:28 PM
RE: Verbindung - by Emmerich - September 28, 2022, 02:35 PM