Sleepy Fox Hollow bill s. preston theodore logan spock the rock doc oc & hulk hogan
Hushed Willows
Dancer
hi im baby
126 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Joining 
It was not a terribly long walk back to Paleo’s borders, but Dusty Rose was still getting used to the thinner air and the elevation gain. He’d grown up in a very flat and arid basin, and the multiple pitches they had to navigate to get back up and then down into the valley were rather taxing on his desert lungs and sprinter’s legs.

Still. He was young and spry, and so it only took a moment or two of panting before he’d caught his breath enough not to feel embarrassed when he called out for @Mahler or @Wylla in his best wolf howl. It was a bit high-pitched, but still perfectly passable.

“The leaders here are Wylla and Mahler,” he said to @Meridian. “Them and their kids and me are the only ones who live here. Not as many kids as we had around, though. And they only got the one dad.”

Dusty found this particularly interesting; he was only just realizing he’d had an unusual number of parents to look after him. That only made sense, though, being that wolves seemed to have just three or four pups a year, and his own litter had been a full nine.
* Dusty is a little shit who is always up in people's business. Feel free to bite him and inflict minor injuries without asking permission.
--DYING OF RABIES--
16 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
"How many kids they got? And of what ages? Older or younger than us?" Meridian asked, casually, though he wanted to know what he was getting himself into. He wasn't one of the committal type and the whole idea of a pack still made him slightly uneasy.

He stuck himself next to Dusty, but slightly farther back than his brother was, hesitance radiating from his movements and pose.
Signature
--
NOTICE!
Meridian as been infected with RABIES. Any threads with him put your character at risk of being bitten and infected!
Stage 1: visual illness, fever, anorexia, vomiting, slight incoordination
Stage 2: cerebral/cranial dysfunction, foaming, extreme aggression
Stage 3: self-mutilation, paralysis, death
--
Meridian is a coywolf. Meaning he is half coyote, half wolf.

2,664 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Guardian
Midwife
Sitter
the second wolf near matched the first, and they blended so closely that mahler might have mistaken them. his instincts suggested that two coyotes were near; a blink cleared it. "hallo, dusty," he greeted with a swing of his charcoal plume.
stoneflower eyes turned now to the stranger. "this is paleo. i am mahler. vhat can i do for you?" he suspected the answer, but wished to truly know.
[Image: 2711649b07fc604164cb120b1b417fa3cf47bccc_00.gif]
Hushed Willows
Dancer
hi im baby
126 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
"Three," said Dusty, although he wasn't entirely sure, and he couldn't count very well. The next question was easier: [b]"Younger. Or, well. Two're younger, and one's older. But younger than the flower eater."[/b] Who was not all that much older than they were.

Mahler, on the other hand, was as old as their dad or more. Meridian would be able to see that for himself when the man arrived. Thankfully, Mahler seemed a lot less paranoid and emotional than the man that'd raised them. It sort of made Dusty miss him all the more.

But! He liked Mahler, and his tail wheeled happily at his hocks as the man appeared. His head dipped low between his shoulders as he moved a bit closer, but ever since meeting Rana, he was sure not to throw himself at the wolves in these parts quite so bodily as he had her. Instead he just sorta... poked at the man, and he said,

"This's my brother, Meridian. D'ya think he could stay, too? Neither of us eat much, and we hunt real good together, and you might think it's kinna counterintuitive, but two coywolves're actually much quieter than just the one."

He eyed Mahler keenly to see if he might think this was funny.
* Dusty is a little shit who is always up in people's business. Feel free to bite him and inflict minor injuries without asking permission.
--DYING OF RABIES--
16 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
"Yeah, I'm Dusty's brother. It's been a while since we were last together but we found each other now and I want to stay with him. He told me about how he hangs around this pack so I was hoping I could too." Meridian explained, though Dusty pretty much said everything.
Signature
--
NOTICE!
Meridian as been infected with RABIES. Any threads with him put your character at risk of being bitten and infected!
--

2,664 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Guardian
Midwife
Sitter
two of them. the shadowpriest's mouth twitched a little at dusty's joke, but he nodded. "if vife, vylla, is the chieftain here, meridian," he told the newcomer.
he brushed dusty's shoulder reassuringly but kept his expression on the other coywolf. "vhat are you good at hunting? do you have any experience vith herbs or medicine?"
--DYING OF RABIES--
16 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
"I'm quite a good hunter, I've got a lot of speed, and strength, and stealth. You can confirm that with Dusty." Meridian said with a chuckle, hinting about the way he'd greeted Dusty. "I can leap really far too." he added.

"But no, I don't have experience with herbs or medicine or anything like that. Never really had to so I didn't learn." Meridian told the wolf.
Signature
--
NOTICE!
--

2,664 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Guardian
Midwife
Sitter
mahler glanced between them both and then nodded. "i think that everyvone in paleo should learn medicine. and my vife has the final say. but having dusty speak for your skill is helpful. he has been a great help to us."
his craggy features were warm. he tilted his head and called for @Wylla.
--DYING OF RABIES--
16 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
"It will be cool to learn of herbs and stuff. I could use it to help myself and others, and my future family too." Meridian agreed. He didn't know of Mahler's wife but he hoped she'd be as keen to accept him as he was.
Signature
--
NOTICE!
--

2,664 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Guardian
Midwife
Sitter
am cool to wrap here since meridian is titled! feel free to start posting!

the chieftain was probably in the depths of the hollow. mahler looked over his shoulder and then back at the two. he had already decided to vouch for their joiner, and so he said, "let us go and find her."
with that the advisor set off, and began to tour paleo in hopes of finding wylla.