Ankyra Sound 'Cause my dad's office door's always closed but I stopped knocking
Hushed Willows
the weeping prophet
106 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
While @Heda and @Caracal spent time away from the Isle, Everett stayed behind to watch over their little home. The island had a pastoral feel to it. Quaint. Quiet. Safe. They were hardly what Everett thought a pack might be. Too small to be considered such. But they seemed significant, this place seemed significant, and the more time he spent there in silent thought watching the waves from the lavender fields, the more he understood that this was where he was supposed to be.

But this morning a compulsion stirred him and as he walked along the seashore, he saw that the waters had pulled away from the land bridge and revealed that safe passage to the mainland again.

He had passed by the stretch many times before, but this time, for whatever reason, he decided to turn and follow the bridge until his paws hit the shoreline on the ocean’s opposite side.

He would be back, he knew, even as he let himself wander along the coastline, allowing the world to open up before him again. Clearing his mind, his soul, his heart.

Clearing his ears to hear. His eyes to see.

Sunlight on the shoreline. A catch of gold as paws stirred in familiar rhythm along the beach. Wings of fire stirring up the sky between them.

Dreams made manifest. A vision come to light. A shiver that burned his spine and rendered him speechless, gawking.

Terrified, thrilled.

He had seen crashing waters as vast as The Gilded Sea, with sky birds screeching a foreign song -

He had seen a land without fire, without Father or Mother -

He had heard the voice of the lamb, the lion -

He had seen an apparition of gold along the shores, dancing, as some had once done.

making some vague assumptions, let me know if anything needs to be changed <3
Messages In This Thread
RE: 'Cause my dad's office door's always closed but I stopped knocking - by Everett - May 08, 2023, 02:33 PM