Ocean's Breath Plateau [M] Let's take our love, one night at a time.
But inside me, there is a light…
118 Posts
Ooc — Mantra
I don't either, so it's all good!

Sumac couldn't recall the last time someplace had seemed so inviting, someplace existed that he had been so eager to return to, but as he entered the mouth of their den, he felt his earlier tension begin to melt from his body. The familiar scent, so heavy with Raindrop's own perfume, the particular personalization she'd arranged - a shell here, an interesting rock there - made it all the more... home. Huh. Funny, he thought to himself, that he'd found another place to call home other than what had once been Pinetree Ridge. 

His eyes adjusted to the dimmed light quickly, and he once again enveloped his entire being into her embrace. It was so warm, so safe: a perfect heaven to stand in stark contrast to the hell his mind had put him through mere moments prior. Her affectionate caresses were returned, a deep rumble resonating in his chest as he savored her ministrations.

"I missed you, too - oh, how I missed you," he replied softly, his voice seeming to take on a deeper pitch as he spoke in low, private tones, "I couldn't stop thinking about you while I was away, and I couldn't wait to return home to you."

Something was different here, something 'Mac couldn't quite put a proverbial finger on. He felt a little intoxicated, as if the entire world had shrunk to just the two of them, blacking out everything else to the periphery of his awareness. She was his everything in this moment, and he paused to gently tend to her neck with his own gentle licks, the muffled sound of the ocean's song providing a perfect backdrop to this blissful fragment of time.

He stole a quick sidelong glance at the curled-up feline in the corner and would have found its preferred sleeping posture - hugging its hindlegs with its forelimbs, forehead pressed against them - amusing at any other time. Right now, though, he silently bid the "cougar" stay asleep, leaving them alone to drift in their reverie.
…Even in the darkest night
Messages In This Thread
[M] Let's take our love, one night at a time. - by Raindrop - February 19, 2024, 02:34 PM
RE: [M] Let's take our love, one night at a time. - by Sumac - February 19, 2024, 02:59 PM
RE: [M] Let's take our love, one night at a time. - by Sumac - February 19, 2024, 03:30 PM
RE: [M] Let's take our love, one night at a time. - by Sumac - February 19, 2024, 08:41 PM
RE: [M] Let's take our love, one night at a time. - by Sumac - February 20, 2024, 09:21 AM
RE: [M] Let's take our love, one night at a time. - by Sumac - February 20, 2024, 01:24 PM
RE: [M] Let's take our love, one night at a time. - by Sumac - February 20, 2024, 02:04 PM
RE: [M] Let's take our love, one night at a time. - by Sumac - February 20, 2024, 02:41 PM