Ouroboros Spine every day it's getting higher
Moonglow
Gamma
w a y w a r d s o n
287 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
His expression was suddenly grave when Ariadne's husband came up. He understood that his wife and her family believed this man had led her astray — something that Valiant thought was all too likely even with his narrow dealings with the young woman. Why a man his age would want to take a girl like that far from her family was puzzling to the isbjorn. Troubling. It was difficult for him to see anything but poor intentions in everything that had come to pass.

"Not all stories end happily," he said at last. "Things bein' the way they is — I guess it's a question of what kinda trouble he can cause here, and what kind of trouble it'd cause to send him off someplace else. I can't say I know which would be better for her. For the family. But whatever you decide, I've got your back. And if you want him gone, I'll send him wherever it is you want."

I'll kill him.

It wasn't quite implicit in his words, but Valiant knew that he would, if it was what his wife thought was best. His inclination was toward forgiveness and moderation in almost every situation, but a man who would drive a wedge between sisters?

He didn't plan on letting Vaire lose anyone, ever again. Not if he had any say in it.
live and die on this day,
live and die on this day
Messages In This Thread
every day it's getting higher - by Valiant - April 27, 2024, 12:56 PM
RE: every day it's getting higher - by Vairë - April 27, 2024, 01:08 PM
RE: every day it's getting higher - by Valiant - April 27, 2024, 01:32 PM
RE: every day it's getting higher - by Vairë - April 27, 2024, 01:58 PM
RE: every day it's getting higher - by Valiant - April 27, 2024, 02:55 PM
RE: every day it's getting higher - by Vairë - April 27, 2024, 03:03 PM
RE: every day it's getting higher - by Valiant - April 27, 2024, 03:26 PM
RE: every day it's getting higher - by Vairë - April 30, 2024, 02:20 PM
RE: every day it's getting higher - by Valiant - May 04, 2024, 09:10 PM