Hoshor Plains my wings beneath your breeze
Moonglow
Gamma
w a y w a r d s o n
261 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Joining 
It was a somewhat stilted walk back to Moonglow's camp as Valiant refused to let @Minnow out of his sight. He knew she wouldn't just disappear, but he kept stealing glances at her just to reassure himself. He told her a little about what he'd been up to the past few years, and about Dutch in particular. He would be returning soon, after all, and she would have to learn to get along with him — he was sure to be underfoot even living in Ariadne's village.

As they neared their destination, he hesitantly asked after the pack she'd mentioned.

"What were they like?" he wondered. And, with just a little more trepidation: "I guess you were in a pretty bad way when you found 'em?"

I will tag Kukutux in probably next round or the one after!
live and die on this day,
live and die on this day
Morningsong
Mother
390 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
She would follow her brother anywhere she just hoped that the pack he speaks about would accept her. As they walked to wherever they were going, her brother asked her some questions as she expected and she was more than happy to answer any he may have.

“It was a lovely place up north, they were amazing people who took me in and taught me a lot.” She thought back at how she was when she was nothing more than a child when she found them. “I was scared, alone, and with almost no life skills. They helped me and trained me and the alpha she loved me like I was her own.” She said with a smile as she thought back to them, she missed them but not as much as she missed her family. “Actually the pack was all females not a male in sight. They said it was a sanctuary.”
Moonglow
Gamma
w a y w a r d s o n
261 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Something in his heart unclenched; it was a relief to know that she'd had something like a family to care for her, even though that time was now past. He wondered if she would visit them, and if he would be allowed to come along. Already, he formed vague plans of showing her the way to Round Valley, where many of their more distant family had taken refuge.

"It's good you had somethin' like that," he said gruffly, thinking of his own time at White Spine, where their aunt had treated him — perhaps not like her own son, but like someone who was immediate family all the same. "The leaders here are Kukutux and Aiolos. I ain't actually met Aiolos yet, but Kukutux has been real kind." He thought that the two gentle spirits would get along well, even if it would not mimic what Minnow had enjoyed in her previous pack. He was more worried than he let on that she might feel out of place, but he was sure if they gave it some time, she would fit right in.

Valiant called out for @Kukutux, though he was already threading through the camp to find her. When he tracked her down, he approached with unconscious trepidation — something lingered from his recent interaction with Ariadne, whispering that he should not think himself too welcome among these wolves. But he would do anything for Minnow.

"Miss moonwoman?" he said in warm greeting, although there was something in his voice and posture that seemed to anticipate being sent away. These were things he was not entirely conscious of, but they colored his interactions all the same.
live and die on this day
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,122 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
valiant's face had become a familiar one at moonglow camp.

bison snorting in the great distance accompanied the footfalls of the man she thought might become her ninauga, though the duck was careful to keep her thoughts from proceeding too far upon this matter.

the son of easy was not alone; a young woman stood beside him when moonmother turned from gathering tussocks of stubborn grass from beneath a reclining-pelt.

"it is good to see your face, valiant," kukutux said in formal greeting. "i welcome you," her voice said to the she-wolf beside him, her eyes curious as she invited them both to sit with her beneath the overhang of the branches waving gently as breezes curled through the camp itself.
[Image: pSj9vo4.png]
Moonglow
Gamma
w a y w a r d s o n
261 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
The isbjørn relaxed into Kukutux's welcome, breathing out a soft sigh of relief. A smile split his face, then — there was nothing left to overshadow his joy.

"This is my sister, Minnow," he said as he came to sit beneath the branches. He had to steal another glance at her to make sure that this was still true, but then he hastened on, "And Minnie — this is Ms. Kukutux. Moonwoman." On second thought, he wished he would have let her introduce herself. Oh well.

Valiant gestured between them: "We both were lookin' for each other all these years — and now she's found me. So I hope it's okay if we both stay?"

He did not think they would be denied, of course. But even if he has felt there was a right, he likely wouldn't have spoken the ultimatum that was surely already known: If Minnow was turned away, he would go with her.

Not that it would be an impressive threat in the first place.
live and die on this day
Morningsong
Mother
390 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
The female welcomed her to the territory and minnow gave a small bow of her head in respect to her as well as a small soft smile. “It’s a pleasure to meet you.” She said. She really hoped that’ she had some skills that could contribute here if they allowed her to stay. She listened to her brother ask for approval of the both of them and she stood quietly and waited for the woman to speak.
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,122 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
his sister.

kukutux took in the delicate look of the young woman, and nodded at once toward she and valiant. "you must stay with us, yes. i am sure there are many words to be shared between you."

dutch, easy, valiant, minnow; a family gathered. a family rebuilt.

and she was not blind to how elated valiant was in his own way.
Moonglow
Gamma
w a y w a r d s o n
261 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Approval came swiftly and decisively. Valiant's smile was weak with relief, though he could not say what else he thought might happen.

"I — Yes," he agreed, haltingly. He looked back at his sister and felt another sharp pang for all the years that had been lost. But they stood now to gain a new beginning, with the woman before them offering peace and stability. "I thank you, Miss Moonwoman," he said, wishing for better, deeper words than this. But perhaps his gratitude was better saved for the gods, who were up even feeling feverish and achy to write him into this state of hope.

He did not know then if they were meant to stay or go; his awkwardness around Moonglow's leader would have to be dealt with.

"I'll show you around," he said to Minnow, and then of Kukutux, he asked, "'Less there's somethin' we could do for you, ma'am?"
live and die on this day
Morningsong
Mother
390 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
She listened to the woman before her and her thoughts raced as she spoke.

She’s letting me stay!!! I have a home..I have my family!! 

The young females tail wagged happily as she looked over to the woman and gave a soft smile. “Thank you so much.” She looked over to her brother as he spoke and she gave a small nod. “I would love that.” It had been so long since she had been a part of a pack the female wanted to make a good impression and she would start by learning anything there was to know about her new home and packmate.

Her brother spoke once more and she waited patiently for the other woman to speak.”
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,122 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
kuku out! <3

"valiant is already favored among us. i welcome his sister."

she shook her head warmly to the man, motioning that they should go and enjoy the powerful sights of the wide plains and the many hunters who had gathered as she turned back to her work.